The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Integrator
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please post any clever or aesthetically pleasing alterations to the tail lights. Please explain why you like it, or not...

I’m starting with a picture of a modified 1990 Esprit SE (SCCFC20B9LHF65837) which demonstrates a clever use of the red colour theme to blend the original disruptive, oversized “picket fence” lenses with the "layered" rr end lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
...which demonstrates a clever use of the red colour theme to blend the original disruptive, oversized “picket fence” lenses with the "layered" rr end lines.
Did you use all those words just to say hey painted the tips of the taillights red? :)

I looks good, but the "V8" emblem is very distracting.

·
Integrator
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Lou,
could you tell us please what is the purpose of the roof/rr hatch scoop?
Yeah, your rr end looks cool, now.

Lucas,
Yes, V8 logo disrupts the overall "clean" looks. Please note that escutcheons and plinth have been painted, too. In addition, yellow lenses have been re-colored to red.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey Lou,
could you tell us please what is the purpose of the roof/rr hatch scoop?
I have two 3" holes under that scoop - two hoses come down from it - one to the airbox and the other blows across the exhaust manifold and turbo.

·
Integrator
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is the roof scoop functional or just a decor? Is it for cold air to cool off the engine bay?
I have two 3" holes under that scoop - two hoses come down from it - one to the airbox and the other blows across the exhaust manifold and turbo. So - functional - but likely unnecessary..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Lou,
Please note that escutcheons and plinth have been painted, too. In addition, yellow lenses have been re-colored to red.
Got it. Yup, it's much cleaner. My hatred of the "V8" is more about it NOT BEING A V8, then the clutter of the emblem it's self.

the rear diffuser I made.
Nice work.

·
Integrator
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got it. Yup, it's much cleaner. My hatred of the "V8" is more about it NOT BEING A V8, then the clutter of the emblem it's self.

Lucas, the first red is not mine. Simply, I just think it looks much cleaner.

Below is a picture of my car. I got rid of the original lights even before I started fixing my window motors.

Lou, I love your scoop concept. I may adopt your idea for my I/C cold air intake. Can you see your 3" ducts in the rear window?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Never thought I'd be so interested in tail lights...but yours look fantastic!:clap: Great job on those.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Please post any clever or aesthetically pleasing alterations to the tail lights. Please explain why you like it, or not...

I’m starting with a picture of a modified 1990 Esprit SE (SCCFC20B9LHF65837) which demonstrates a clever use of the red colour theme to blend the original disruptive, oversized “picket fence” lenses with the "layered" rr end lines.
I'm afraid we're out of options here, I can't even think of a Photoshop that would make it look any better, how about making it look like this??? -eek- -eek-

1 - 20 of 134 Posts