The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Back on topic of rear end architecture and tail lights! No wheels, please! Here is mine sans diffuser which may come later, if I like the looks.
Wheels?? Even youve hijacked your own thread. :rolleyes: We already have a rear diffuser thread.

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Guess I overlooked this thread...how about just smoke tint the tail lights? I think that's a clean look because I like it to have less color...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Maybe overplayed but I really like mine or maybe just a little biased. Also got mine from Claudius. Came out pretty good IMO. Went with the LED Option. They did all the body work and installation.

The Trueno tail lights are sexy as hell. I think I would have thought a bit harder if I had seen these 4 months ago.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Please post any clever or aesthetically pleasing alterations to the tail lights. Please explain why you like it, or not...

I’m starting with a picture of a modified 1990 Esprit SE (SCCFC20B9LHF65837) which demonstrates a clever use of the red colour theme to blend the original disruptive, oversized “picket fence” lenses with the "layered" rr end lines.
IMHO being so humbler than humble, which is a term I use everyday of course and my Buds, the subject: that rear end black plinth in exchange for the red one slightly altered in form looks great.

The V8 decal doesn't bother me though. I'd just put a Clamato sticker on the other side to balance things out and let all know that I love drinks that are Tomato concentrated.

·
Banned
938 Posts
If you black out your tail lights here is your chance to customize your rears even more. After all it ends up looking like a blackened out section of the body.
You can change the look of your rears cheaply and essentially obtain the newer look.
You can purchase Chevy Chevelle 1972-1973 rear lenses and also from the older Vette. parts bins or ebay or baba who works at the dismantlers. These rear lights are cheap and are close to the shape of the newer rounds of the V8.
You just have to Silicon these lights to the rear of the blackened lenses.You switch on your night lights or when you brake behind the blackened out lense you will have your updated round lights to show for all.
Plus it wont cost much and your with it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you black out your tail lights here is your chance to customize your rears even more. After all it ends up looking like a blackened out section of the body.
You can change the look of your rears cheaply and essentially obtain the newer look.
You can purchase Chevy Chevelle 1972-1973 rear lenses and also from the older Vette. parts bins or ebay or baba who works at the dismantlers. These rear lights are cheap and are close to the shape of the newer rounds of the V8.
You just have to Silicon these lights to the rear of the blackened lenses.You switch on your night lights or when you brake behind the blackened out lense you will have your updated round lights to show for all.
are you saying to silicon the housing right against the tinted lens so that it shines round thru the rectangular tinted lens? Just have the old Chevelle housing and bulb right up against the Lotus lens?

I'm guessing you've not owned an older Chevelle. The bulb is only replaceable by unscrewing the lens and taking the bulb out the front. If it's bonded to the the Lotus lens, once the bulb dies, there'd be no way to change it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Updated round look??? Don't the older G Esprit's with Rover tail lights already shine round through the tail light lenses?

61 - 80 of 134 Posts