The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all this time, I just noticed that when the engine is running, the tail lights stay on, just as they would at night with the lights on. I haven't disabled the DLR function. Wondering if this is the norm. I tried searching the forum and internet without success and the manual doesn't specifically mention it. So now my headlights and tail lights are always on when I drive. Just seems odd.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If true, that would suck. Those LED tails are known to burn out prematurely and cost $250 a pop....that is if they have any in stock...

·
Registered
276 Posts
The tail lights come on with the DLRs, disable the DLR and your tail lights will be off unless you specify otherwise.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Yup. For Lotus, Daytime Running Light just means turn the lights on during the day. Disabling is very, very easy though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally found the appropriate thread with the info needed to fix the issue. Should have been something done by Lotus for its customers. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's odd....
On my car only the front lights came on with DRL.
I disconnected the green wire because I kept forgetting to turn on my lights at night,
I could see fine but no one could see me.
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts