The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know pretty much everyone here has heard of or is familar with the "tail of the dragon" road way... Also being lotus drivers I thought most of ya all stay in shape and might run! I've been out to the dragon three times now and it sparked a dream a few nights ago.

A 11 mile run on the dragon. It would be very intense but us half marathon/marathon vets know that it would be a blast!

I've looked pretty much every where but I thought someone might have heard if they ever do this! or hell... even cycling?!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Have you seen the way we drive on that thing!?!?!?!? And you want to be running along on it!?!?!?!? lol.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I've seen the way I've drove on that thing!

I WANT to run it! More than any other course I can imagine! The best part of the Detroit marathon (other than being able to get a $10 "used" DVD player on the corners) is that you run on the belle isle grand prix race track! ;)

I couldnt imagine the uphill run that the dragon would be like!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol I've seen some epic fails on the dragon ;)

usually involving motorcycles... but during the last ZdayZ's one of the parents that brought their kid up was drinking and his son jumped in the Z and tried to hold up with various of track'd Z drivers (lots of old school 240z's) needless to say the new 350z doesn't hold up well against them... poor guy went off down a ditch prrrreeettttyyyy far!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
As someone who lives here and goes there frequently, even the bicycles were bright enough to stop coming and stay on the Foothills Parkway. There are so many idiot tourists that have no idea where the road goes but think they are the next Schumacher that the very idea of being on that road on foot is stupid. Don't take it personally, it's just that times have changed. Think of it as trying to jog down the center lane of any given major beltway at 5pm on a Friday in the rain while wearing dark clothes. You have about the same visability to these people and they aren't looking for you either.

Foothills parkway, however, is a great place to jog/run and they do have marathons and bike events over it a few times a year. Also, Hwy 28 (from the Deals Gap store toward the Fontanna dam) is a great place to run. Similar roads, better scenery, and 1/150th the traffic.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Last fall, I did encounter two guys on bicycles riding side-by-side on the Dragon. My thought at the time was that they were suicidal. Later that afternoon, I saw the same pair on Rt. 28 between Fontana and the Rt 143 turnoff to Robbinsville. I guess they made it, but I don't know how.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I completely agree running that just as a daily stroll is stupid. I mean are there any events that take place on the dragon like this! I mean its a crazy beautiful course and I though they might just do a yearly event for runners on it :)

But after look pretty much everywhere I don't believe that they do!

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what I was looking for!! So you guys do head up it! Do you guys close off a lane when this event happens? or just kinda hope for the best! I'd love to just show up while you guys are doing it and run it instead ;) get a team of my friends to head up it! well... up, down, up, down, up... you know the flow of the area lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts