The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished installing the cup255 setup in my Exige N/A ( engine, supercharge, IC, exhaust etc.) Overall a very easy install. After installing the rear clam I realized that the strut from the N/A is in the way and I can't close the tailgate. Not a big deal, I decided to remove the strut and tried closing again. I have realized that the Cup255 intercooler it's just tall enough to barely still touch the base where the strut was attached to on the tailgate. Even though I am able to close the tailgate, i can see the tailgate lifting a little bit on the left side because of the IC touching the lid. I am thinking on removing the 4 rubber spacer to bring the intercooler down a bit since I do not want to cut part of the strut base just I case I decide to go back to N/a someday or get not so tall intercooler. Any down side on removing the 4 rubbers and attach the IC directly to the bracket?.
What other options are there for a strut or latch? I don't feel like carrying a tennis racket or wood stick in the trunk to hold the trunk lid open while working on the car. I am starting to lean towards the oem metal rod, but some how it feels wrong to have that in this car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Get the RLS prop rod, that's what most us use that have upgraded larger intercoolers it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for the info on the prop rod. I noticed the lower bracket to attach the prop to is different than mine (06' exige). I guess I will have to go to the lotus dealership to option that bracket. Any info on removing the 4 rubbers that attaches to the IC? I mean any consequences for removing it? Additional vibration perhaps? I just need the IC to be a little bit lower so when it's closed it doesn't touch the lid.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
If you take out those rubber isolators, your supercharger tubes will no longer fit! Don't do it... or you can, then once you see that the bends won't fit, you'll have to put them back.

I've got a Cup 260, and it came with no prop rod...

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How tall is your IC? I am just wondering that the reason is not fitting is because the cup255 had 2 struts on each side instead and probably didn't have the base where the center strut goes to and that's the reason it wasn't touching. If your is not as tall then that was the issue. Is there a chance you can measure yours? I am heading to my friends shop to see what else I can do and to measure mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts