The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have the BOE DMC headers, d-cat pipe and a Larini Clubsport tailpipe.

The combo of these parts produces wonderful sounds but I will get blackflagged at a few tracks I frequent
that have 92-94DB sound limits.

I have a spare oval tipped pipe for the Larini and I was thinking about chopping off the oval and either welding on a
silencer or clamping one on. I believe it is a 2.5 inch pipe (will confirm).

Has anybody done something similar? If so links please.

I just need this mod for the few days that I visit these courses. This will be so much easier than pulling the ClubSport and
putting my OEM tailpipe back on.

Thanks.

Henry
'07 Exige S

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super happy with my $104 exhaust diffuser mod. This will be used for the two to three tracks I go to with sound restrictions.
It should shave off 5DB which will get me very close to their limits, plus angling the round cup downwards
will help reduce overall peak load sound.

Bought a $12.00 ninety degree piece of 2.5" pipe that is flanged on one end. Then bought a 5" Super Trapp Diffuser ($92.00).
The diffuser comes with 12 silencing/diffusing rings. The more rings used the more sound reduction you achieve. By using all of
the rings you also achieve maximum reduction of back pressure which is how the Larini Clubsport tailpipe is designed.

I welded the steel cup onto the pipe, painted it in high temp VHT paint, bolted on the diffuser rings and I am good to go. When I come home from these
track events I can slide off the tailpipe tip and slide on my Larini Chrome oval for street use. A win win.

Off to Club Motorsports in NH this weekend so the real test will occur Saturday and Sunday. Crossing my fingers.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts