The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this week a friend and I are planning on driving up to Berkeley to visit some other friends. I wanted to take the coast up, but I wasn't sure on how long that would take. We would like to leave Monday morning and be in Berkeley by Monday night. What route do you guys recommend?

TIA,
Matt

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
So this week a friend and I are planning on driving up to Berkeley to visit some other friends. I wanted to take the coast up, but I wasn't sure on how long that would take. We would like to leave Monday morning and be in Berkeley by Monday night. What route do you guys recommend?

TIA,
Matt
If you do have the entire day I would suggest you take Hwy 1 all the way up to Santa Cruz and then take Highway 17 and I-880 to get to Berkeley. Its a long trip and will take a good 8-10 hours depending on how often you stop but it will give you some amazing photo ops. Highway 1 - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you do have the entire day I would suggest you take Hwy 1 all the way up to Santa Cruz and then take Highway 17 and I-880 to get to Berkeley. Its a long trip and will take a good 8-10 hours depending on how often you stop but it will give you some amazing photo ops. Highway 1 - a set on Flickr
May I ask your average speed? Thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you make it to Santa Cruz, forget taking 17. Instead take 9. It is a nice twisty 2 lane. I ran it last week, even in a crappy rental car it was good. It will drop you down into Saratoga, just outside of San Jose.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you make it to Santa Cruz, forget taking 17. Instead take 9. It is a nice twisty 2 lane. I ran it last week, even in a crappy rental car it was good. It will drop you down into Saratoga, just outside of San Jose.
I should probably look at a map, but does the 9 have an exit to the 880?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
After HWY 9 (Highly recommended), You take 85 south, to 17 North. This turns into 880, and you're on your way to Berkeley.
Cheers,
Skottoman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts