The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question for anyone who knows...

instead of keeping my battery in the car on a tender, I plan to take my battery out of the Elise for the winter & keeping it charged inside... but i was curious if that would cause any issues with the alarm/remote fob when it comes time to put the battery back in & drive it again (for sitting months without a charge)

thanks,

-Mat

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
no, the car won't lose its sync with the fob when removing the car battery. Its only when you change the battery in the fob you'll have this issue. (I'm pretty sure)

If you can leave the doors unlocked.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, the car won't lose its sync with the fob when removing the car battery. Its only when you change the battery in the fob you'll have this issue. (I'm pretty sure)

If you can leave the doors unlocked.
yeah i'm not too worried about the alarm being activated... i was planning on locking the doors with the key anyways

but i just wanted to make sure i wouldn't have any alarm issues come spring time when i take it our of storage again (after it sat without a charge for months)

ive done this with previous car, but they didn't have a finicky alarm like the Elise does haha

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not just disconnect the battery, does the Elise drain the battery even when disconnected? :eek:
no, but my garage isnt heated... so i figure i would just bring the battery in the house & leave it on a tender...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts