The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car sits in a "heated" garage, 45 degrees, and yet it still takes a good 15 minutes before I feel hot air coming out of the vents. Is this normal? I'd hate the thought of having to increase the temp in the garage just to have a warm car. Man I wish I had heated seat :(

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,483 Posts
It isn't quick or super hot but I'd estimate about 10 mins. on mine. I love my heated seats!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
+1--heat through the ducts seems a bit slow, but I rarely have to deal with temps below 40F so it's not a problem. Heated seats as on my Audi, would be great, though. A nice pair of driving gloves also helps :).

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sure hope the A/C works a lot better when the time comes!!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I sure hope the A/C works a lot better when the time comes!!
Sounds pretty typical. I too had an Audi Ultrasport (Brilliant Red '05), & it took even longer to heat up than the Evora. A/C knob on full cold works very well here in TX heat...one click down & it makes a noticeable difference in cold air temp intensity though.

·
Premium Member
8,399 Posts
Mine has a funky thermostat dial too. I get 3 clicks of full cold, 3 clicks of full hot and no man's land in the middle. Sitting in a garage idling is no way to warm up a motor. Get it out and drive it!! running thru the gears at 4000-5000 rpms works just fine and NO! it doesn't harm the motoer. They put the red light there on purpose so you keep the rpms reasonable when engine is cold. Within 5 minutes you'll have heat. This comes from a CT driver that had his car out till December in the teens a few mornings.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine has a funky thermostat dial too. I get 3 clicks of full cold, 3 clicks of full hot and no man's land in the middle. Sitting in a garage idling is no way to warm up a motor. Get it out and drive it!! running thru the gears at 4000-5000 rpms works just fine and NO! it doesn't harm the motoer. They put the red light there on purpose so you keep the rpms reasonable when engine is cold. Within 5 minutes you'll have heat. This comes from a CT driver that had his car out till December in the teens a few mornings.
I have the same situation with the dial. That drives me crazy too. Just to clarify...I too drive the car as much as possible and would never leave it running in the garage to warm up. I was saying that I actually have heat in the garage that I keep set at 45 degrees. I do this mostly to keep my "55 from freezing up but it should help "warm up" the lotus.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Unfortunately the Evora is missing an automatic climate control like you will find in any subcompact today. The heating not only has problems keeping any temperature it is also speed and traffic dependent. Interior temperature goes up whenever you have somebody in front of you or when you reduce speed due to traffic.

·
Premium Member
8,399 Posts
It is about the only flaw I have withe internals.

·
Registered
544 Posts
taking heat......

Well, here in Florida had a pre-apocalyptic "ice age" the last few days, with temps dipping into the high 40/low 50's.......first time to use the heat, and performed admirably with good heat within a few moments after water temp up......Just thought!!...forgot to turn on heated seats!
late 2012 S...

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SCV,
Obviously you don't need those heated seats maybe we should work out a trade!!! :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
:D
SCV,
Obviously you don't need those heated seats maybe we should work out a trade!!! :)
Well, now that pre-senile (Halfheimer's?) mind is focused on the seats, I'm glad for them, with this morning in the high 30's......I know, I know veritable tropical compared to your neck of the woods, but they do feel nice now! I'm willing to let them go but wife said Nooooooooo!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice!! 30 degrees warmer then my house this morning :) Thank God for Audi and heated seats.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Definitely takes longer to start producing heat than other cars I own, foreign or domestic. Same as in my Elise, and I just assumed it was because of the design (engine in back, radiator in front?). But it's better overall than the Elise by quite a margin (less exposed metal and actual door seals?), and I do also have the heated seats.

I thought it was just my car, but I see the temp dial issue is universal - almost needs to be at full cold or full hot to make a noticeable difference. Don't really know what all those clicks in the middle do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts