The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming Phoenix, doesn't run out of gas again, I'm going to try to get a few more shots of the S2 Elise at Scottsdale Lotus before it moves on. Any requests on angles, part of the car? No, I will not get an under car shot!

I'll try to borrow my father's Durango and/or use my Boxster to get some sizing comparisions. I basically want to recreate the visual appear of what driving an Elise without vehicles would be like.

Here's a few shots I have planned:

1) Rear trunk/engine shot.

2) Side view shot from other car.

3) Rear view shot from other car.

4) Front view shot from Elise

5) Side view shot from Elise

6) Rear view mirror photo with car behind Elise

7) Soft top (if possible).

8) Close up of instrument panel.

Anything else?

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=746
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
how tall/big are you? If you're not tiny please try to get a shot of yourself and possibly a passenger in the car. I'm interested in headroom and legroom. I am 6'2 and skinny (175).

Thanks,
-Steve
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
IIRC, I thought Allan said he was not very tall.

Allan, I would like to see a pic lookng upwards to the diffuser that gets a shot of what the bottom of that area looks like. A touch shot for sure.

Thanks in any case!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
It might be difficult this time of year in Phoenix, but I'd like to see some night shots of the Elise. Headlights, tail lights, dash lights, all good things to see lit up..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BraFish said:
It might be difficult this time of year in Phoenix, but I'd like to see some night shots of the Elise. Headlights, tail lights, dash lights, all good things to see lit up..
No recent photos!!! I'm 5' 6". Older photos are available at FBI.gov. http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/topten/fugitives/fugitives.htm

I think I can get the shots under the rear disfuser. Night shots will be tough due to store hours. But maybe I can get some inside shots with lights on. I'm not sure how well they'll come out though (it's not a ditigal camera).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
Thanks for your kindness Allan.

If you bring your Boxster, that would be a better size comparison IMO, merely because it is a closer competitor to the Elise. Other than that, I'd love to see more pictures of the guages (speedo, tacho), shifter area, and pedals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,927 Posts
You've got one pretty close to what I've got in mind. When the car was around a few months ago both dealers had the top off. Could you take one with the camera in line with the door, more of a full side shot. Not a big deal, know its tight & will have to work on the entry & exit with the top on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LarryB said:
You've got one pretty close to what I've got in mind. When the car was around a few months ago both dealers had the top off. Could you take one with the camera in line with the door, more of a full side shot. Not a big deal, know its tight & will have to work on the entry & exit with the top on.
I'm sorry LarryB. I'm not sure I understand. I take it you want a photo that show how easy/hard it will be to enter and exits.

So, do you mean a shot with the door open, while I'm at a 90 degree angle from the driver seat. This would mean the door would be in the way of the shot; or

Do you mean having me towards the back of the car, with the driver's door open. This would show the width of the side sill and entry/exit height?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,927 Posts
A pic is wroth a thousand words... something between the two shots is pretty much what I'm thinking of. Would like to have all/most of of the car in the shot to give the size of the opening some perspective, with the camera more or less the same height of the door. Just far enough off the 90 to show the full opening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Doh, thought of one more.. the trunk. There have been nary few photos of the storage space (what little there is) of the Elise floating around. Anyone know if you can wedge a set of golf clubs in there? It sure doesn't look that way. :)
 

·
insert clever title here
Joined
·
7,702 Posts
BraFish said:
Doh, thought of one more.. the trunk. There have been nary few photos of the storage space (what little there is) of the Elise floating around
That's 'cause it's so small, it's tough to get a good picture of it! Really! I took a couple, you can find them here.

One pic shows the soft top stowed in the trunk, and you can see that the taillights aren't protected inside (so better be carefull what you throw back there!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
offroadr35 said:
how tall/big are you? If you're not tiny please try to get a shot of yourself and possibly a passenger in the car. I'm interested in headroom and legroom. I am 6'2 and skinny (175).

Thanks,
-Steve
You fit. You're exactly the same dimensions as me (and spookily the same weight too!)

Craigy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
BraFish said:
Doh, thought of one more.. the trunk. There have been nary few photos of the storage space (what little there is) of the Elise floating around. Anyone know if you can wedge a set of golf clubs in there? It sure doesn't look that way. :)
Lotus keep putting more things in there. Eg. the Battery, the wash-wiper bottle... etc etc.

Soon there won't be a boot* at all!

Oh and to answer your question, no, you wouldn't be able to fit a set of golf clubs in there....

Craigy

* Boot is English for the stowage space in a car in the UK. I know this is an American forum but the Liz is British, so sue me if I don't call it a trunk. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
So is the bonnet classified as the hood of the car in the front, or the covering for the engine? If the latter is true, the bonnet would be just infront of the boot.

Excuse me, I'm an American.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Vantage said:
So is the bonnet classified as the hood of the car in the front, or the covering for the engine? If the latter is true, the bonnet would be just infront of the boot.

Excuse me, I'm an American.
Hm. I don't think the dictionary will define that.

I certainly refer to the hinged part on the front of my car as the bonnet, even though all it has under it is the radiator (and because mine is an S1, the wiper bottle and battery).

I usually call the hinged part at the back of the car the engine cover.

Craigy
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top