The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are making the 300RR wide body which will replace the existing body on the Lotus Elise/exige. I (aka lawn guy) just made a new name to keep things more organized but I am taking over the project as joe (thesaint) has sold his car. We can replicate the exact look allowing for wider wheels front to back while maintaining a proportional styling to the cars frame.

They have assured me the car will look exactly like the 300RR. They will be using my car to prototype the mold, which means my original paint and parts will be damaged to make this happen. They have assured me that the kits will be of Lotus quality. The agreement states that the prototype will take anywhere from 3-7 months from the start date. I won't allow them to start until we have all 10 orders in.

Each kit requires a $2500 deposit by way of paypal, cashiers check, or money order. I'm taking deposits now, but am not doing anything with them until we have all 10 orders ready to go. The project will remain on hold until we have everyone ready to go.

Minimum of 10 orders. So if we don't make 10 orders the price will be so high it would be pointless to even offer it. The price of the clams will go up after the first order. If we have 30 orders in the first batch, everyone will be guaranteed the lower price. After the second batch, I can assure you the price will be going up. That is direct information from the manufacturer. So get in early with the first batch!

Tire Size: Front 8” Rear 10”
Direct replacement for your existing front and rear clam
You will be able to remove and store your current clams and reinstall them when ready to sell your car.
We are making sure that is isn't much lower than stock

PRICE: $7800.00 per each complete kit

Serious inquiries only please.

Kit includes:
Front Clam
Rear Clam
Side Panels

Does not include:
-rear wing
-hatch
-splitters
-badges
-wheels

PM me if interested

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm interested, but I'd like much more information.

Is this swappable (ie can I put my stock bodykit back on later to return the car to stock condition?)

How much ground clearance am I giving up? It looks like from the pictures I can forget about speedbumps and driveways. Not that that's a bad thing (as im sure this is track only), but it would be nice to know what the dimensional changes are.

Will the parts come unfinished (IE am I going to have to paint match to my existing hatch, or get it all repainted?)

What size wheel/tire combinations are recommended with the kit on?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will be able to remove and store your current clams and reinstall them when ready to sell your car.
everything will need to be painted

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
This thread is throwing some red flags in my book.. But Ill kick back for now :popcorn:

·
Registered
530 Posts
everything will need to be painted
I don't get one thing. You can easily replace front and rear clams as well as door hinge side panels. How about side sill panels - they are glued to AL chassis as far as I remember. If you put on Lotus new wider rear clam you have to wider sill panels (you colored them on picture). If so how do you want to get back to stock when ready to sell your car.

Of course you can replace sill panels but it's not as easy as replacing clams. it's time and labour consuming work

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't get one thing. You can easily replace front and rear clams as well as door hinge side panels. How about side sill panels - they are glued to AL chassis as far as I remember. If you put on Lotus new wider rear clam you have to wider sill panels (you colored them on picture). If so how do you want to get back to stock when ready to sell your car.

Of course you can replace sill panels but it's not as easy as replacing clams. it's time and labour consuming work

back to stock. thats funny

·
Registered
485 Posts
Let me talk to my Nigerian uncle and see if he has any funds to lend me for this.

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
In that last group buy, there were six people reportedly signed up for it and it doesn't appear to have gone anywhere, what happened to those six (you say you need 10)? Are they still on board so you really only need four (or three, if you weren't in that original group buy)?

Why has the price increased $2k from the previous group buy? Will the original price be honored for those who have already made deposits? Is there any guarantee the price won't increase yet again?

Why was the price edited out of the original post in that other thread earlier today?

In the event of any legal complications from Lotus, what will become of the deposits? We've seen them crack down hard on anyone selling items with the Lotus logo, so why would they let you copy the bodywork of one of their cars?

Are the deposits fully refundable?

You state the prototype won't be ready for 3-7 months after the start date; how long after that for production parts to become available?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still need to get in contact with the previously interested people. The price has increased due to an increase manufacturing and r&d costs. sorry not my choice. easier to keep all info to 1 post. the prototype should take 60-90 days. and production will begin after that. For the first 10 the deposits are non refundable due to the extreme increase in item costs when the number produced is dropped down to 9.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
We are making the 300RR wide body which will replace the existing body on the Lotus Elise/exige. I (aka lawn guy) just made a new name to keep things more organized but I am taking over the project as joe has sold his car...
so now you have two screen names?

is that permitted?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts