The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, let me say I have been wanting an elise for some time. However, as of recently I have been wanting to put off the order due to the stress of waiting for the car, yes I said it, this is stressful for me.

After initaly deciding on Racing Green, sports pack, and touring pack, I figured I was set, this was in january. Then pictures of the exge began to come out with the car being Chrome Orange. I started to change my mind. I have been battling with 3 options, not getting the car, getting the car in green, or changing my order and getting CO.

Today I decided I would only get the car in orange, or cancel my order. I called my dealer, where I only speak to George Gonzaba, I told him my decisions, he said this; "well adam, I know how you feel, paint color is not easy to chose when you havent seen the car", the very next thing he said was " I am going to call clyde at Lotus and get this taken care of for you". He called me back in 5 min with the good news, my order was changed!

I have now gone with all options, sports, touring(black int.), hard top, and CO paint! I am even more excited now then when I put my deposite down! I can state how awesome it is to deal wiht a dealer who will go to bat for you when you need them, George did exactly that for me.

Also, He said they are the 3rd largest dealer in the USA baised on esprit sales, considering they are small I was unsure aobut the information, but he went on to say that tomorrow they might sell another 2003 esprit, which might make then number one or two. He would not give me a straight answer on the allociations he has, he said there is still some importnat informaiton that he will get at the dealers meeting on monday that might very well modify the delivery schedule, so he asked me to call him after the meeting! He did say that, he was told 3 different allocation numbers up into this point, he said 3 cars, 5 cars, or 8 cars per month, he said he has paper work that states all of the possibilities, I am assuming there are some other conditional factors involved with these numbers that we are not aware of.

He also stated that he does not have a long list, he says they have customers all over the USA on the list, and he thinks his list will be growing after the inital cars arive, if you arent on a list, call this guy and get on it (210-828-0077)

Again, I am so excited that I just had to post it here!!

Adamp

I forgot to say, I am number 8 on the list at Gonzaba!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OneFastMiata said:
Please dont tell me that. :(

I wanted to change mine from Saffron to Storm Titanium. :(

I instantly thought of you when I was told the color was changed. I would call up clyde your self, tell him the deal, and hope he can help you like he helped me... I wish you the best of luck..

Adamp

Email me and I will send you some more details on how my color was changed.. [email protected]

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm sure Clyde is a very busy guy. Let's let him get some real work done so he can get all of us our cars already. Try calling your dealer first.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Thank you apex. I already did call my dealer two weeks ago.

I know Clyde and feel perfectly comfortable calling him, but I dont want to usurp my sales person/dealer. Im just going to settle for Saffron, but honestly I dont think calling Clyde would be out of place considering this is a $47,000 car that I had to order without the benefit of a paint chart.

My dealer has done lots for me in other ways so I cant complain at all, they've been great.

Adam, I do appreciate the heads up though and congrats on CO!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OneFastMiata said:
Thank you apex. I already did call my dealer two weeks ago.

I know Clyde and feel perfectly comfortable calling him, but I dont want to usurp my sales person/dealer. Im just going to settle for Saffron, but honestly I dont think calling Clyde would be out of place considering this is a $47,000 car that I had to order without the benefit of a paint chart.

My dealer has done lots for me in other ways so I cant complain at all, they've been great.

Adam, I do appreciate the heads up though and congrats on CO!!
I am sure that you will like the car regarless of the color! I knew I would think about not getting the CO every day, so it was a deal breaker for me! If I can help, let me know, I got an email from clyde 10 min ago stating that my options were not officaly changed to my new order! Im still so excited!

Adamp

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i wish people would stop getting CO!!!!!!

haha jk (sort of). Congrats, it is definitely going to be the best color.

·
Registered
384 Posts
OFM,

The thing is, the Elise looks good no matter what color it is.

Sure, all of us would have loved to have seen real paint samples out in the sunshine before we ordered. But most of us didn't have that opportunity. So, now, for some reason people are rethinking colors just based on some new 72dpi image on a computer monitor, which won't look exactly the same as a real car anyway.

Just let go. Trust your first decision. You'll be having so much fun actually driving your Elise when you get it that you'll realize that color doesn't affect the handling or performance one bit.

(And besides, Yellow looks great!) :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jenn,
Really, I can honestly say the elise looks spectacular in any color. If you really want to change it, just give Chris/Clyde a call and see what they can do.

I really think you'll love the colors you ordered but if you really want to change perhaps you can.

Chris

·
Registered
299 Posts
George at Gonzaba truly is an honest super guy. I just put my deposit down over the phone on Tuesday, and today i recieved my buyers order with a confirmation for MSRP and #38! Now, i am going nuts trying to decide which color to choose. Help!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ulmpharmd said:
George at Gonzaba truly is an honest super guy. I just put my deposit down over the phone on Tuesday, and today i recieved my buyers order with a confirmation for MSRP and #38! Now, i am going nuts trying to decide which color to choose. Help!!!
George stated while I was on the phone with him that of all the orders he has confirmed on his list, there are 3 CO cars, mine, another from califorina, and his dealer promo car!

adamp

·
Registered
299 Posts
Adam P said:
George stated while I was on the phone with him that of all the orders he has confirmed on his list, there are 3 CO cars, mine, another from califorina, and his dealer promo car!

adamp
So adam, what colors have you seen in person. Magnetic blue?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Im just being a color pansy. :)

LOA has been 100% upfront with and 100% correct with regards to the color change issue. I think its important to point out that there are differences is in the "stages" of peoples orders.

Adams dealer is great and its wonderful they called Clyde for him and Im happy that he was able to change his color.

So with that said, I'll be happy with whatever I get. :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'm not normally a fan of yellow cars, but I was sorely tempted to get the Elise in Saffron. I thought it looked great!

OneFastMiata said:
So with that said, I'll be happy with whatever I get. :) [/B]
Yep, and the yellow will match your "smiley". If THAT isn't a sign, I don't know what is! ;)

Hey, it matches THAT one, too!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I would echo your comments Adam. George has so far been very engaging and professional, and seems a solid fellow. He doesn't speculate on what he doesn't know, he tells you what he doesn't know, and I would recommend to all looking at deep lists elsewhere to give George a call.

I did, and I ordered out of state.

- Mike (#20 @ Gonzaba)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts