The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new and concerned by driving my new sport exige... I'm simply too tall (but wanted so much this car, after 7 Porsches, that I decided to think only after I bought it).
I found the best solution to get extra room for the driver's head is the modified TALLrails as shown here : TALLrails modification - Perfect Fit!!. Before ordering the rails and modifying them I wanted to make sure that there is no new and easier solution. I'm surprised not to find more recent posts on this threat... How are you doing you tall drivers? Any suggestions or comments welcome!
Cheers,

C

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey I'm 6ft2 and the stock seat rails worked, I upgraded to tall rails because my helmet was sticking out the top on track. The biggest downside is no one else can drive the car.

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
If you google and then add lotustalk at the end of your search argument you'll find plenty of threads on LT about tallrails.

Reactions: TTCLEM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I'm 6ft2 and the stock seat rails worked, I upgraded to tall rails because my helmet was sticking out the top on track. The biggest downside is no one else can drive the car.
Thanks for your reply. I'll accordingly try the tall rails as they come and see if more adjustments are needed in my specific case. At this point I cannot order since there is no option for oversee shipment. I wrote the company and hope they come with a good news.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a easy and cheap mod: "you can turn the drivers seat rails 180 degrees (so the holes that fix into the front seat chassis nuts go to the back. This allows you to run the seat much further back."
Anyone ever tried this in an EXige 3?

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
I found a easy and cheap mod: "you can turn the drivers seat rails 180 degrees (so the holes that fix into the front seat chassis nuts go to the back. This allows you to run the seat much further back."
Might not get much on this since they weren't legal road cars here in the US.

·
Registered
393 Posts

Anyone tried this on an S2 Elise or Exige? Does it work??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone tried this on an S2 Elise or Exige? Does it work??
I dont think it would work...
The rails have a step in them that has them sit flat-ish on the floor. Because the S2 has a large raised section for the floor pan in front of the seat. If you swap it youd have to seriously bend the old front section of the rails to deal with the angle change, probably about 15-20degrees if the mounts weren't flat at the bolt location wouldn't want to drive it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts