The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I am in the minority but does anyone know if the letters are removed, would they leave an outline? I removed all the badges on my MR2 and they look fine. I really like the lotus badge on the back of the car like in Europe. I'll probably buy one somewhere and put it on.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Just take a chisel, some heavy solvent, and a large piece of rough sandpaper. Should be no problem. Did you want me to do that for you? :D

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Haven't done it myself, but I heard many times that a combination of hair dryer (not heat gun!) and dental floss works great for removing badges. If you end up with stubborn glue residues, I would try a clay bar. I had a hard time with glue residues after removing decals, and the clay bar took them right off.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
just a little heat and they peel right off if like other cars...no extra implements of destruction required

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i thought you guys used those on the drivers

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Hair dryer, dental floss, nail polish remover, and a little wax.

Just don't get too hot, don't "saw" with the floss, don't rub in the polish remover, and don't leave it on too long.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If the production cars are anything like the LA show cars, just wash it a couple times, those should come right off. The corners were peeling up on the LA cars.

Steve

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I really like the look of L O T U S but not the stick ons. If mine start peeling, and may buy some plastic letters and put them on correctly.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
sown,
the letters were peeling off mostly because the morons, er um, spectating republic were picking at them. I was horrified at how people behaved around ANY of the cars at the show, incredible.

Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
sown,
the letters were peeling off mostly because the morons, er um, spectating republic were picking at them. I was horrified at how people behaved around ANY of the cars at the show, incredible.

Chris
That was with restricted access. In my booth I had a car that the public could touch. That was a mistake. Unreal how horrible people can be. My Elise will be in my booth at SEMA, but I have decided to velvet rope it off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was asking earlier on about whether or not the US cars would have the L O T U S lettering, which clearly now we all know they do (thankfully!). I asked at the factory yesterday how come the Euro cars got switched to the round badge, but the US cars got the old style letters, and they told me that *all* the new cars they're building now have the letters. They switched to the badge and people were like "Hey! What happened?! Bring back the letters!!" so they did. Customer persuasion. Awesome.

Of course everyone knows the factory might be lying... ;)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Yep, just looked kind of strange a NOSE badge on the tail.
Chris:)
Most companies seem to use more or less the same badge front and rear, but I'm glad we get the lettering!

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Well for what it's worth many earlier Lotuses came with chromed metal letters that were actual metal objects and not thin decals or what not. Maybe they could be applied to the Elise?

Stan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts