The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I don't know what DRLs you are installing. Is this an aftermarket light? LED? ........ they probably mean do not connect the wires directly to 12V. Instead, you should have a control module that gets wired to 12V and then the lights get wired to the control module.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are OEM driving lights for my Evora 400 conversion. I assumed "driver" meants some sort of module, but I'm looking for precisely that part, preferably aftermarket. I've never heard of a "driver" before when referring to electronics

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
High intensity LEDs (and series of many LEDs) are usually driven by a driver of some sort, to maintain consistent current delivery, and any necessary step-down or step-up in voltage.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any ideas on where to get this sort of thing aftermarket? I'm sure this could be had locally and much cheaper and faster than UK shipping (they are slow, never provide ETA, take weeks if part is not readily available) if I knew exactly what I was search for?

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Without knowing the current and voltage requirements of the LEDs, it would probably be pretty hard to know what sort of aftermarket driver would work with it. Then there's the issue of waterproof connectors, which the OEM module will likely have.

While I definitely understand your hesitance to ordering the OEM piece from the UK, there are some US-based dealers that can likely expedite getting that part. Gator and Lotus Parts Online (Auto Europe Sales) are both great to work with.

If you're really set on going aftermarket, you can search on ebay for things like "high current LED driver" and find waterproof ones. You'll want to figure out the total wattage of the LEDs in each DRL, and the nominal operating voltage, and pick one that can support it +15-20% over that current for headroom.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I didn't see the module/driver listed separately on Lotus Parts Online. They do sell the complete DRL kit for $650 though.

However, as agentdr8 mentioned, I would call them at 248-645-6300 and see if they can get just the module/driver. Just verify that its Part # A142M6002H .

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
These are OEM driving lights for my Evora 400 conversion. I assumed "driver" meants some sort of module, but I'm looking for precisely that part, preferably aftermarket. I've never heard of a "driver" before when referring to electronics
Driver is a common electrical term for controllers (e.g. motor controllers, lighting controllers, etc.) that drive the units firing

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the
I didn't see the module/driver listed separately on Lotus Parts Online. They do sell the complete DRL kit for $650 though.

However, as agentdr8 mentioned, I would call them at 248-645-6300 and see if they can get just the module/driver. Just verify that its Part # A142M6002H .
I bought the complete kit from gator, but this module wasn't included. I don't recall seeing it on their chart.

To avoid the headache, I'm going to buy the OEM module.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I bought #13 from Gator, but that moduled wasnt included. Thanks guys, im reaching out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts