The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for those in any Mini groups that may know me (there is at least one of you here as you refered me) I am a bit of a nut for the checkerboard.

Any ideas on some tasteful choices for B&W checkerboard stripes or details for a Lotus Elise?

My garage in my signature will explain the previous checkerboard insanity.

2003 MINI
2004 MINI S
2005 MINI S
1976 Mini
2002 Jeep Wrangler

All endured my checkerboard insanity at some level. I want to find a tasteful way of bringing this to the Lotus.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ok for those in any Mini groups that may know me (there is at least one of you here as you refered me) I am a bit of a nut for the checkerboard.

Any ideas on some tasteful choices for B&W checkerboard stripes or details for a Lotus Elise?

My garage in my signature will explain the previous checkerboard insanity.

2003 MINI
2004 MINI S
2005 MINI S
1976 Mini
2002 Jeep Wrangler

All endured my checkerboard insanity at some level. I want to find a tasteful way of bringing this to the Lotus.
Run through this thread and you will find several variants. I am in discussion with a couple of companies to implement one of the more subtle variants on my chrome orange Elise.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49135&highlight=unique+graphics

·
Registered
933 Posts
Have you given any thought to pin stripes or polka dots? Just kidding!! IMO, flags, checkerboards, and artwork can really dress up a MC (former 06 MCS owner), but I just cannot picture the same on a Lotus.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Maybe the valve cover?? :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Maybe across the windshield? I did this years ago with my old supercharged VW Rabbit and it actually looked pretty cool in person, photos didn't do it justice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts