The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What's up with that, tryin to loose a few pounds? A cool suit would be a serious option consideration. Or were you counting on the brilliant Elise AC to keep you cool rotfl

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I personally use one of the small cigarette lighter fans that my bus driver had when I was a kid.

I bet that 211 gets pretty hot out there too. I ran with the top off on the Exige one event, I'll never do that again. At least not with a black helmet...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn that's gonna be hot...
Hey its North Texas, its a dry heat-poke-

Did Cresson in July previously; much more bearable than S. Texas.

After watching the video of that GTR going thru turns 8-12, looks like it might be kinda of a hoot to drive. And Alex took his Stohr 1000 out there and it didn't bounce around too much now that the've resurfaced it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
It looks like I'll be instructing down here for the Harris Hill DE. I'm sort of bummed as I've missed a number of TDE events. Tell Rick and team that I said hey. Also, want to pick up my TDE jacket Matt?

Here's the last time I was at Eagles Canyon.

YouTube - Chasing a 451 RWHP Viper in my 165 RWHP Exige

Make sure to bring extra brake pads and fluid.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I'm in. I'll probably be dead before the weekend is over, but I'm in. Gotta die having fun, right?

xtn

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey its North Texas, its a dry heat-poke-

Did Cresson in July previously; much more bearable than S. Texas.

After watching the video of that GTR going thru turns 8-12, looks like it might be kinda of a hoot to drive. And Alex took his Stohr 1000 out there and it didn't bounce around too much now that the've resurfaced it.
I was at the track yesterday. It was 106 deg in San Marcos near the outlet mall, however, it was pleasant at H2R because of its constant breeze.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It looks like I'll be instructing down here for the Harris Hill DE. I'm sort of bummed as I've missed a number of TDE events. Tell Rick and team that I said hey. Also, want to pick up my TDE jacket Matt?

Here's the last time I was at Eagles Canyon.

YouTube - Chasing a 451 RWHP Viper in my 165 RWHP Exige

Make sure to bring extra brake pads and fluid.
Great Video!

Sure I can grab it! Matt is going to be running Goose 2 at the event!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I saw that video as well as Frankies from last year. Check out Jason Hart's video in a Carerra GT at ECR on facebook. It was put up this week I think.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Both my wife and I signed up earlier this week. It will be great to see everyone. I am a greenie but I will be running in the blue group so Rachel can run in green so we can share the car.
Wow now it's a family affair for sure! So your wife Vs her sister! Who’s gonna be faster?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
That's going to be a tough bet to call...

Both have autox experience. One is new to the track but in a supercharged Exige. The other has been on the track once before and has an S2000CR. They're both very nice girls, but I wonder if there is any pent up sisterly aggression between them?

xtn

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,433 Posts
lol you guys. Rachel introduced Sarah to Auto-x. The 1st time Sarah was ever at the track was when I brought her and introduced her to you guys. So, Rachel has the most "car" experience.. she has driven at MSR before but when she had an Subie STi and I was in my M3. But techically they both have the same amt of track time. I have only driven at MSR one more time than either of them. Anyone have lap timers to let them borrow? Otherwise the question may never get answered. ;)

Either way, having my wife and fav sister in law interested in autosports ain't such a bad deal, but it sure is hell to pay if one of them is faster than me!

None of us have ever driven at Eagle's Canyon, should be fun!

Trying to decide if we have to drive home between days however... or try to stuff enough in the Exige to stay out there somewhere. Any recommeneded places to stay? Or perhaps recommended places to NOT stay?

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,433 Posts
I do it all the time with no issues at all, including all my track gear.
2 people's worth? That is encouraging. After our helmets there is room for a small backback in between them which has our airpump, water etc.. maybe some t-shirts and shorts can fit I am sure.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Quoted from Rick's email:

Friday Night Novice Meeting: will be held at the Hampton Inn meeting room at 8:30 till 9:30pm.

MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS ASAP: We research all the hotels in the area and this is the best hotel at the best deal and newest hotel which makes a difference…Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur 110 South US Hwy 81/287 Decatur, Texas 76234 ph (940) 627-4900 ** Mention Drivers Edge at check-in and receive a discount ** $79 standard & $89 suite that’s over 30% discount.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts