The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of accumulating sufficient "honey do" points to start thinking about going to this event.

Anybody else going?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I think IM going to sit this one out as its going to be a bit HOT... Im looking into TWS on Oct 4 & 5 as my next event.

BTW, looks like I created a couple of track junkies.. :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If I can survive in July I think I can survive anything.

Doghouse just wants the cobblestone vibrations again. He really doesn't care about the track...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You guys need to get practiced up and come run at TWS with us. Looks like Jeff might run at the Oct event as well. Also in Nov there is a track event Im running with the SVT Cobra Club at MSR Houston. Always nice to run at a track less than an hour away.. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, looks like I created a couple of track junkies.. :D
I've been a greasemonkey and track dog since I was no bigger than a 15 inch rim. My mom did mostly 1/4 mile racing, and had a Corvette specialty repair shop for 15 years or so. I have always loved F1 and road racing. Never had the chance to actually do the driving part....:rolleyes:

Besides going to the track is always more enjoyable when you know a few people to hang out with between sessions.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Drink lots of water guys....a lot! I was up there last July; although not near as bad as TWS in August (did that too),its still plenty hot.

The 1.7 Cw is probably my favorite track,w Hallett close second. I would like to go up there, but gotta get some stuff done on the car. I hope they do that one again later in year. If not maybe I'll try for an Apex or Nasa event.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 1.7 Cw is probably my favorite track,w Hallett close second. I would like to go up there, but gotta get some stuff done on the car. I hope they do that one again later in year. If not maybe I'll try for an Apex or Nasa event.
Is it confirmed that TDE will run the 1.7 CW at this event? I ran CW for the first time last week with APEX and had a blast.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Is that route back to I35 that bad via Hwy 171 to Cleburne? Seems like its a straight shot back to I35 and would save time rather than driving back up to Ft. Worth and down again towards Waco on I35.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Route from hell

All I'll say is don't follow the shortest route or any route provided by LordZ (king of the backwoods roads). It MAY be a shorter distance, but two lane county roads at 55mph, dodging oilfield pipe trucks, bouncing over cobble stones, and generally avoiding road created hazards it takes WAY more time than driving on the nice smooth Interstate at the legal speed limit. :evil:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
bwhwhahahahaha. You know doghouse enjoyed it. He probably sits on the washing machine at home during the spin cycle just to relive those cobblestone roads now. rotfl

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is that route back to I35 that bad via Hwy 171 to Cleburne? Seems like its a straight shot back to I35 and would save time rather than driving back up to Ft. Worth and down again towards Waco on I35.
I came back that way last weekend to get to Temple and it wasn't bad at all. There are some GIANT potholes that you have to watch out for, so don't drive it in the dark. Once you clear the stretch between Cresson and Cleburne the truck traffic deminishes significantly. I definitely prefer 171 over I35!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Apparently you came back a way other than the way we went up. The cobblestones liked to kill us going through that little town. I think it was exit 17 or 15 off of I35.

I know next time I'll just do I35 to 20 and back down. Much faster as long as you don't have rush hour traffic to deal with.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Well that might faster to the Motel 6 in Benbrook, was just looking for the best way back to Waco from Cresson after the track event.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
The best way is to go head back after the weekend is to go east on 20, then north on 820, then n/e on 121, then north on 75 until you reach McKinney. Well, at least that's the best way if you're me.

xtn

·
Registered
274 Posts
i always go through cleburne. there's a couple rough patches but if you keep your eyes peeled you can miss most of the big bumps. took us a little under 2.5 hours from the track to south austin. thank god for radar detectors. no more track days for me until fall.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got thumbs up...

..from the S.O. I just signed up and will be putting the check in the mail.:nanner:

Yea, it'll be HOT as HELL. (Ohh the humanity!!) I'll just drink LOTS of water until I pee like a Toad.

Hopefully the heat will keep weaklings and the S-2000 drivers at home.rotfl

BTW, LordZ you can take any route you want. I'll be driving the 290 to 6 to I-35 to 820 to 20 route.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts