The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did not see a thread on this event...

I'll be there in the "When I grow up I want to be a Lotus." Miata. Should have a new adjustable coil-over suspension and a few other goodies installed for this event. I may not be able to keep up with the big guns on the front straight, but look out in the corners!

I know Chili will be there (of course) and I think that LordZ and 211- Al will not:( I've heard that Geezer will be soaking up the sun in Hawaii :cool: and chasing down college co-eds on Spring Break.:drool: Tough gig and the poor guy is taking one for the team!:D

So who's going to be there?

Give a shout out so at least we can go get dinner on Sat.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yep Ill be there for sure. Im on a quest to break 2 minutes at TWS, actually my goal is 1:58... I hope Jefferson and Franky show up as I need a bit of help with turn 15.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm still on the fence... I'm tempted though. Would like to see how much time my last upgrade bought me. :D

Oh Chili, found a lap of Sean's for TWS. Not his 350Z though.

TWS run

(side note, is there a way to link to a youtube video here without actually embedding it???)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
(side note, is there a way to link to a youtube video here without actually embedding it???)
I guess not anymore... You used to be able to do it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still on the fence... I'm tempted though. Would like to see how much time my last upgrade bought me. :D
QUOTE]

Come on out and play with the rest of us.

If you do you'll have to take a demotion and run with me in Blue group. Yellow is fully booked. :-(

Sure would be cool to see the Z-06 and Porche guys in Blue forced to learn how to point by a Lotus on the straight. As for the little Miata, well I'll have to use momentum in the short straights and twisties to get around them.

PS. talking to Boosted2.0 about building a 2zz motor. We'll see what sort of $$$ we're looking at before making a decision. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I heard, I might drive out anyway to see if Rick can sqeeze me in. Trying to get Just_Hayes out there for his first track day. Don't have his number though, I got him set up, just needs to give Rick a call.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue Group is cool

I heard, I might drive out anyway to see if Rick can sqeeze me in. Trying to get Just_Hayes out there for his first track day. Don't have his number though, I got him set up, just needs to give Rick a call.
Awww, come on man, run blue group with me. It'll be fun and time on track is ALWAYS more fun than mowing the lawn, or painting stuff, or blabbing on the forums about what a hot sheet driver you are on track, etc...-poke--poke-

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
lol, I don't mind running blue, remember i'm the one that was happy in green :). It all depends on how my car goes this weekend. Tearing it down to hopefully find a leak causing my bad idle. Then as long as it runs the same, or better than it does currently I'll be there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It looks I am in. Thanks for the hook up!

My friend and I should be there this weekend. I am in an Exige S 220, my friend will be in an S2k. Going looking for a helmet tomorrow.

See you guys up there.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Excellent! Make sure to pack warm clothes. Just in case. :D

If the car is running good by next week then I'll probably come up to sit in standby or run blue with Doghouse if Rick lets me.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just saw the group listing for the LOST trackday at Grandsport. Think I'd rather play with you guys. Talk about David and Goliath. It's going to be real crowded on that little course. Just hope the other participants know how to move those beasties safely.
Have fun at TWS and play safe.

out amongst the giants,

Al

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I just saw the group listing for the LOST trackday at Grandsport. Think I'd rather play with you guys. Talk about David and Goliath. It's going to be real crowded on that little course. Just hope the other participants know how to move those beasties safely.
Have fun at TWS and play safe.

out amongst the giants,

Al
I really wish I could make the LOST Grandsport day, I always have fun there and Im normally one of the fastest on that course.. Its a bit small, but its fun...

Oh yeah I think the lightest car in your run group is still 1600lbs more than your car.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Have a good time out there folks,weather is supposed to be nice and fairly warm,although theres a slight chance of rain on Sunday. With the track pavement more settled,it should make for some good lap times. Stay safe out there,'cause H2R is the next one up in April,and hopefully the LCS.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm standby in yellow. Hope something opens up, would like to see what I'm running out there with that long straight that lets me buy seconds. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, couldn't say that wasn't fun. I guess I do have some luck considering I went off track 5 times with 0 damage to car. Well, at least I'm not going off at the same spots.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well, couldn't say that wasn't fun. I guess I do have some luck considering I went off track 5 times with 0 damage to car. Well, at least I'm not going off at the same spots.
Glad you had fun, but I wish you would bring it down a few notches. If you take your time and work up to speed slowly you will have less off's and learn quicker. I dont think I have ever gone off more thank twice in a weekend, in fact I normally have zero off's.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Alright professor Chili, break my best lap down... Notice my lack of speed in some of the turns, no where near tracking out. Looking at it now makes me wonder if I got Doghouse's video instead. ;)

Think I'm going to request an instructor next time I'm out there in this configuration. At least for 2-3 sessions.

<object width="640" height="483"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3810097&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3810097&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="483"></embed></object><br />

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
No offs for me this weekend. Did a 2:01 with a 180 lb guy in the passenger seat. I REALLY need to get my DL1 hardwired into the car so I don't keep losing data when the power thing falls out of the 'cigar lighter' socket.

You would think that with a British car and a British electronic device everything would work well. But then you remember that you just said 'British electronic device' and it all makes sense.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts