The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty much... all i know about wheel sizes are the size... like 16in and 17in that goes on my car

i see numbers like 6.5, 7, 7.5... and i don't really know how it pertains to it...

also, i see people buying aftermarket wheels... and wondering what wheels are available for the elise...

well... i always thought the only thing that mattered was the bolt pattern...

for example:

i'm going to buy a set of wheels to my specs... 16in fronts and 17in rears... would i need to tell them anything else? if not, then the tires can just be 195/50-16 and 225/45-17 and i'm done right?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
6.5,7,7.5 is the wheel width. I believe the trick to the Elise is getting the proper offset. Otherwise, all 4 boly 4X100 wheels would work, and they do not.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
the 16, 17 range number are diameter in inches.

The 6.5 7 7.5, etc are the width in inches.

The other thing you'll need to know if offset, epxressed in mm as the distance between the hub face and the wheel centerline. Can be either positive or negative, and generally should be kept as close to stock as possible.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Oh, and there are a few other things to remember, like caliper clearance, etc. The easiest thing to do by far is see what other people have success with, or are sold on elise specific sites like sector111 and blackwatch. Otherwise, be prepared for trial and error.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found this while searching... stock specs for an exige cup... is it the same as the exige?

16x6.5 (31 offset) front and 17x7.5 (38 offset)

if these are matched... then will the wheels fit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts