The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
We're very lucky to have a representative from the team Antony Hayes to have registered on elisetalk.

Here's a link to the team site:

http://www.teameliteracing.tk

Some good pics and info there. I'm sure Antony would be glad to answer any questions you guys might have about the race effort. I'm hoping they come up with Team poloshirts and allow some of us to participate in a small way with the team.

The guys are still in early days and 2004 is essentially for R&D and then full court press in 05 funding permitting. Always the thing with race teams.

If their are no objections I'm going to make this a sticky for a while to help get the message out. Anyone with questions can post here where Antony can see them.

It's really great to see a N. American based race team campaigning an elise in world class level racing!

Chris

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I was taking a look at their race schedule and saw that they will be at some Cali speedways (Infineon and Laguna) later this year. I am certainly up for an elisetalk meet at one of these events! It would be great to support the team, if not financially, at least in spirit!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MItch,
They were running a zr1 engine, they really rushed to get the car together, when they can get more funding they plan to run a judd v-10 in it.

Chris

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
2004 AMERICAN LEMANS SERIES SCHEDULE

3/18-20 Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Florida (12 Hours)

6/25-27 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio (2:45)

7/2-5 Lime Rock Park, Lakeville, Connecticut (2:45)

7/16-18 Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, California (2:45)

7/23-25 Portland International Raceway, Portland, Oregon (2:45)

8/6-8 Mosport International Raceway, Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada (2:45)

8/20-22 Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin (2:45)

9/23-25 Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia (1000 Miles or 10 Hours)

10/15-16 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, California (4 Hours)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I'm hoping they come up with Team poloshirts and allow some of us to participate in a small way with the team.
[/B]

Come up with a t-shirt, and you can count me in for a few...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will be having a conference call with the team principals tomorrow (Hopefully)... Run some ideas of what type of merchandise you would like to see...

T-Shirts
Sweatshirts
Die-Casts

Anything else???

If I hear anything, I will let y'all know.

Antony

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
yes to all the above....

maybe :

hat
coffee mug

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would be up for a sweatshirt, Tee, baseball hat and coffee mug(s). Been looking for a Lotus coffee mug, but the one's I've found are too small. I need mine SUPERSIZED (unlike the actual car)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go to Linen's and Things and make your own superssize mug!!!
Hey, how 'bout one of those stainless steel coffee mugs... You know, the ones that keep your drink warm or cold...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
it has to fit in our "cupholder" in the elise:D

Would you consider this - as you travel around the country, some sort of get-togethers for local Lotus owners/enthusiasts - for a fee of course - give us a chance to see the car, talk to you guys, etc...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Antony, any comments on the gearbox problem?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
ivan1 said:
it has to fit in our "cupholder" in the elise:D

Would you consider this - as you travel around the country, some sort of get-togethers for local Lotus owners/enthusiasts - for a fee of course - give us a chance to see the car, talk to you guys, etc...
Heck with that. I would pay to drive it. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
In response...

Heck yes!!! We are very keen upon the fans support, and it is because of the name, the image, the panache of the Lotus name that helped us decide which car to go for... We could just as easily have taken of Porker GT1, but where is the fun in that?
If we had had more time, we would have loved to have done something along those lines for Sebring, but such was the rush, we couldn't plan anything worthwhile...

As for the gearbox problem... Still haven't seen the diagnostics, but the simple fact of the mater is that we were running with minimal spares... I was told thus: "If the driver wrecks the suspension in qualifying... We're done"

So, the gearbox was likely the only one available, and our test programme had been hampered by one or two engine failures, and then qualifying was hampered by the tyre situation (Wrong fronts supplied by Dunlop) and an engine leak, so we simply didn't get the mileage to work out that there could have been a problem....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
How about Flags (ala F1), pens, and lapel pins? If you go to speedgear.com there are great examples or other kit that you could offer.

If you don't currently have a supplier for these things the guy next door to me does this stuff. He's done work work the Pittsburgh Penguins so he must be pretty good (or cheap). PM me if you want more info.

And a get together for Mid-Ohio would be awesome. I love that track & always enjoy the races there - plus it's close by.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ah746 said:
I will be having a conference call with the team principals tomorrow (Hopefully)... Run some ideas of what type of merchandise you would like to see...

T-Shirts
Sweatshirts
Die-Casts

Anything else???

If I hear anything, I will let y'all know.

Antony
Yes rides in the beast for Elise Talk members:D :D :D

I just had to ask;)
Mitch

1 - 20 of 70 Posts