The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Announcement - 2009 West Coast Lotus Meet

Final plans are starting to come together on the 2009 West Coast Lotus Meet (WCLM)...

What: 2009 WCLM
When: Nov 6-9
Where: Las Vegas
Why: Lotus FUN!
Host Club: Lotus Car Club of Southern Nevada

Consider 3-4 days of autocrossing, tours/runs, concours, track day, shows and more in southern Nevada.

Mark your calendars and save the dates.

DETAILS & REGISTRATION at West Coast Lotus Meet is November 6-7, 2009 in Las Vegas

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Vegas huh?! Wish you picked some place with a few trees and some scenery.

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Timing is immediately after SEMA, nice! Two weeks in Vegas!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It's on my calendar now! For future reference, please note that the C in WCLM stands for "coast" :)

Thanks,

Joe

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
It's on my calendar now! For future reference, please note that the C in WCLM stands for "coast" :)
Or Colorado, it can be the West Colorado Lotus Meet! :D

Vegas sounds great, I don't think I'll have a hard time at all talking Jenny into making the trip out there for this. :nanner:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Wish they would pick LA or LA area once - it is pretty much the Lotus capital of the country.. great tracks, great roads, lots of fun stuff to do and see.... Probably 300 or so Elige in the LA area and tons of Esprit and classics - several amazing car museums as well

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Wish they would pick LA or LA area once - it is pretty much the Lotus capital of the country.. great tracks, great roads, lots of fun stuff to do and see.... Probably 300 or so Elige in the LA area and tons of Esprit and classics - several amazing car museums as well
Step up and volunteer. "They" did.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Step up and volunteer. "They" did.
Agreed. Hard to blame the "Lotus Car Club of Southern Nevada" for hosting an event in Nevada.

If someone wants to volunteer for a coastal event though, I'd shy away from LA, too big, and too far south. Eureka seems to be 1/2 way between Vancouver and San Diego, I'd bet people would be willing to drive as far south as San Francisco even. Of course, if I was hosting an event (and I'm not) I'd put it in the Seattle area. =)

Vegas might be a bit too far to drive down. We'll see what sort of mood I'm in in November.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
ooo...my bday...

you should call spring mountain and setup a day at the track.
Yes, if you guys track at Spring Mtn....I will definitely go.
You can talk to Jim Navarro or Jack on the forum to help organize - they are both members at SM.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Vegas sounds great, I don't think I'll have a hard time at all talking Jenny into making the trip out there for this. :nanner:
You might be able to find a more direct route there, too. ;)

Hmm, 17+ hours for me to drive to Vegas. I might be up for it.

-Brad

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, dates are right after SEMA.

Event #1 will be team relay race to which team can pack up Randy's SEMA booth and get it loaded in his truck!

And, yes to track day....

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The WCLM is presented by the Lotus clubs that reside in the western states. Each year we ask a different club to host it. This year our fellow Lotus enthusiasts in Southern Nevada stepped forward. :clap::clap:

The WCLM has been in a variety of locations over the past 20+ years - Sonoma CA
Willows CA
Monterey CA
Lake Tahoe CA
Morro Beach CA
Santa Barbara CA
San Diego CA
Portland OR
Canyonville OR
In 2007 the WCLM was in conjunction with LOG in Colorado.

2010 is available... anyone?

But, for 2009 it's in Vegas and the members of the LCCSN are planning what will be an amazing event. Yes, it's a drive, but it can be done in a day. 9-10 hrs from the Bay Area; 5-6 from LA; 4-5 from Phoenix...

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
But, for 2009 it's in Vegas and the members of the LCCSN are planning what will be an amazing event. Yes, it's a drive, but it can be done in a day. 9-10 hrs from the Bay Area; 5-6 from LA; 4-5 from Phoenix...
18-24 hours from Seattle (depending on weather & route)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts