The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have spent the better part of the last 2 months restoring my garage from very big and used and abused, to clean, uncluttered, and usable. I bought the house in Novemeber of 2007, and spent the first few months getting the yard/house and all in order. So, the best came last. Hope you all like it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI, I'll get some more shots soon, the RX7 is normally in the lift bay, but it's in need of some soon to be given attention, which I'll be handling this week.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I bought one of those Lotus flags off ebay - it came all folded up and now months later, after being unfolded, it still has creases from where it was folded. The thing is so flimsy I am afraid to put a clothes iron to it or put it in the dryer. How did you get those creases out???

BTW - fantastic garage - wish I had that kind of space.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I bought one of those Lotus flags off ebay - it came all folded up and now months later, after being unfolded, it still has creases from where it was folded. The thing is so flimsy I am afraid to put a clothes iron to it or put it in the dryer. How did you get those creases out???
I say put it on an ironing board face down and then use an iron on its coolest setting.

Noble

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What size is that garage?
The garage is roughly 22 x 44 feet. And while I absolutely love it, and only even dreamed of a garage like this, you always wants more. I really wish it had a second floor that was like a livable area. Oh well. C'est la vie...

Oh, and my flag still has some creases. Not much you can do, don't bother me...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Use a steamer on the flag to get the creases out. Or put it on an ironing board and put a towel over it and iron on top of the towel.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I say put it on an ironing board face down and then use an iron on its coolest setting.

Noble
Place a towel between it, and the iron. Then set the iron on a "steam" setting. Or better yet, just use a free-hand steamer, hang the banner (front side away), and hand steam the creases out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
LOLOL!! rotflrotflrotfl

Didn't see the post now just above mine, when I typed up my reply!! :rolleyes:

Seems we not only thought alike on this one, but apparently were typing together, at pretty much the exact same time too!! Now how "twilight zone" is that? -eek-;)

·
Registered
557 Posts

BTW - fantastic garage - wish I had that kind of space.

steam!!! got a steamer? probably not...in which case just close up your bathroom with a towel under to door. turn the shower on super hot and hang the flag up. position it such that it doesn't get wet but gets heavy steam. gently tug at the corners and "clap" your hands together on either side of the flag running your hands to the outer edges.

this technique also works to unwrinkle suits in hotel rooms that came out of luggage. :D

edit: as mentioned above :( lol

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just mean I'll get better pictures soon. Those were taken kind of fast, and without too much thought into them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts