The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sub has not worked since picking up My11 on 3-25-12. I am only 200 miles away from the first 1000 mile service. In the owners manual on page 153 it says R17 20A is the fuse for the AMP that powers the rear sub. This would be the fuse box behind the seat on the opposite side of the sub. I pulled the fuse and mine is blown. My concern: Every time I change it to a new 20A fuse it blows once inserted in the socket. Has any-one had a similar problem? Any thoughts? An electrical problem in an English car go figure. I hope the dealer can resolve.

Thanks
Fasttoys.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I am also in this boat with no Sub or Amp working it seems. My [email protected] fuse is just fine though.

I am looking forward to figuring this out.

Also our Sirius Sat is not showing up on the "Source" list as another side effect.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I have the NON tech package car. Was told I had a amp and sub by the dealer, but in non-tech cars there is no sub and amp. Not even teh amp or sub brakets. had to make my own. will be posting pics soon

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
I have NOT checked the fuse, but my Sub has NEVER worked, no matter how I try to adjust the set up. Maybe, there is some setting that we are all unaware of ?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This is funny, I thought mine wasn't working initially and then I read here that it was just really weak and chalked it up to that. I've been too lazy to just play the radio and sit in the back seat to verify if it really is on or not. First thing tomorrow, I'm checking the fuse and whether or not it's working. BTW, I have the tech package and don't have the sirius option either. Again,. I just assumed my car didn't get it, although I had the Sirius insert in the alpine documentation that came with the car. If anyone can confirm that all tech packages came with it, let me know. I'll have to take it up with the dealer the next time I'm there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My sub has never worked, either-- 2010 LE.

After the other problems I've had, I gave up on the sub. I'm seriously considering having the entire audio system replaced with something of higher quality.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
So I went out to the car this morning and contorted myself such that I could put my ear to the sub, and sure enough, it's working! Although, one would ask, if you have to do this to figure out if it's on, what's the point of having a sub! However, I still have to figure out the whole Sirius source not showing up as another main source. So, if anyone figures this out, inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am also in this boat with no Sub or Amp working it seems. My [email protected] fuse is just fine though.

I am looking forward to figuring this out.

Also our Sirius Sat is not showing up on the "Source" list as another side effect.
Hey Plackslayer get your car to Plano we need to find out what is wrong with your Sub & Sirius Sat, I don’t want Brian pulling my car apart after spending 5 days tightening it up. :D

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Interesting. I mentioned my NAV when plugged in was always searching for satellites. Guess what? Dealer checked it, pulled unit and has contacted Alpine for replacement.
Sub flies below radar till volume gets in 18-20 zone and is turned up to 10+. It is only an asset at high listening volumes. Grossly underpowered.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Interesting. I mentioned my NAV when plugged in was always searching for satellites. Guess what? Dealer checked it, pulled unit and has contacted Alpine for replacement.
Sub flies below radar till volume gets in 18-20 zone and is turned up to 10+. It is only an asset at high listening volumes. Grossly underpowered.
When I had issue the dealer turned it full on to I think 15. You can also look at the frequency crossover's to send more or less range to it. But its rubbish really.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
When I had issue the dealer turned it full on to I think 15. You can also look at the frequency crossover's to send more or less range to it. But its rubbish really.
If the Sub is essentially useless, how much weight would one save by taking the whole thing out ?

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
If the Sub is essentially useless, how much weight would one save by taking the whole thing out ?
Chapman believed that if an items wasn't doing at least two tasks it was not carring its weight; unfortunatly his attitude lead to may DNF's, but here we have an items that doesn't even seem to do a single task well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts