The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my engine is toast... i may have worked out a space to have the car worked on. now all i need are knowledgeable lotus enthusiasts to come to my aid.

im hoping karma comes back to me. i think ive been very helpful to many in the lotus community, even more so in my area. im a nice guy and a willing guy.

here are my thoughts, im looking for a few good men. i am hoping two or three of you handy mechanic types, and maybe a few just helpful types that would like to come out and help me remove the clam, take out the engine, remove the bad pieces, and then put good pieces back in then put the engine back in then the clam back on...

who wants to help a novice mechanic out?

ill do the work, just looking for a guiding hand, a detailed eye, etc.

ill bring beer and the parts...

rob

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
ok, my engine is toast... i may have worked out a space to have the car worked on. now all i need are knowledgeable lotus enthusiasts to come to my aid.

im hoping karma comes back to me. i think ive been very helpful to many in the lotus community, even more so in my area. im a nice guy and a willing guy.

here are my thoughts, im looking for a few good men. i am hoping two or three of you handy mechanic types, and maybe a few just helpful types that would like to come out and help me remove the clam, take out the engine, remove the bad pieces, and then put good pieces back in then put the engine back in then the clam back on...

who wants to help a novice mechanic out?

ill do the work, just looking for a guiding hand, a detailed eye, etc.

ill bring beer and the parts...

rob

:popcorn:
rob - v sorry to hear of your eng probs. What happened? (Point me to correct thread if one exists). I seem to remember an oil usage problem you posted.

When did you have in mind? I cannot possibly help until 7/20.

=gb=

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glb, i was kinda hoping you might be interested! thank you! it is very possible that the car will still be sitting till the end of july. maybe by then i will have the clam off. let me know as it gets close if youll be around

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rob - v sorry to hear of your eng probs. What happened? (Point me to correct thread if one exists). I seem to remember an oil usage problem you posted=gb=
no thread on it yet. i have my opinion on the cause, but im trying to do the right think and not start a problem.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rob,

I'll be away next week and know nothing about working on the Elise, but if you do plan on doing it after I get back let me know and I will certainly come and help out.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I can help, depending on dates of course. Im good at taking stuff apart, drinking beer, and spraying beer.

I'll see if i can find all the schematic/pics of how to take everything apart.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. im am starting a parts list of **** ill need. or should change while the thing is in pieces. any suggestions? i dont expect to start work untill late next week. and even then, just the clam, and stupid stuff

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,952 Posts
Do we get to drink the beer BEFORE or AFTER we start taking things apart?rotfl

I may have to drive GLB down. Depending on the timing I could do that (but not if it conflicts with LOG)

BTW you said: "take out the engine, remove the bad pieces, and then put good pieces back in, then put the engine back in"

You forgot to say "Once upon a time".... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Rob i'll definitely head down, at least for moral support and beverages. i'm sure i could be of some use, at least a few bad jokes LOL

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anybody have a borascope?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts