The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. Live tuning to your stock ECU.

Just got off the phone with Mike R (Hackish).

He's at the point now where he can read and write to the stock ECU thru the ODB2 port, LIVE TUNING.....ON THE FLY!

This has never been done till now!!!

He's tuned 4 cars now, 3 turbo and 1 supercharged directly thru the ODB2
port with live on the fly tuning. They run magnificently! The supercharged upgrade was a replacement for a Koldfire tune that was not running properly.

The turbo's belonged to me and my friends. They are FF275 kits that are now 300 kits under Mike's tuning. He can alter almost any parameter required in the stock ECU. I know, I drove while he sat beside me and tuned the car.
300bhp and smooth as silk. Car is stupid fast and smooth.

Most tunes on the market burp and fart like an old man. Not this tune.
5th gear 2k thru 8k with no hiccups, burps or farts. Very nice!!

He's only got the 06 ECU and equivalents working. He's looking for an 05 ECU to work on over the winter.

IMAGINE YOU ARE NOW EMISSIONS COMPLIANT THRU THE STOCK ECU!!!

Here's a link to the thread related to Mikes parameter abilities:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f171/what-other-features-stock-ecu-120387/

If you have Koldfire you'll be able to utilise your cable (if purchased) otherwise you can use a Tactrix cable. Software is controlled by VIN.

According to Mike he'll sell the software to you and then you can get any tuner you want to tune your car.

NO MORE LOST CONTROL OF YOUR ECU!! You can now control your car.

Needless to say i'm thrilled. Enough of sending your datafile crap or your ECU for flashing then having to wait for upgrades or adjustments. Do them yourself or have a tuner do it for you UNDER YOUR CONTROL.

I've been trying to get Mike to post buts he's a techie, long on programming
skills short on marketing.

Send him a note and lets get him moving on this.

[email protected]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait until he figures out the 05's. I've been hoping someone would come out with this tuning option.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Good. I want to learn how to tune a car anyway. I won't have to rely on others any longer.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
My understanding from talking to him is while he does have some form of a solution it is not ready for sale to a customer yet. He likely still has to button up all of the software before it is ready for primetime. So while it is coming it is not yet here.

And yes it will be a great thing to see the stock ecu opened up for all and not just koldfire and vf.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Didn't see this thread before.

Just to be clear the cable used is a Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable. They're easily obtainable and made in the USA at $169. Nearly every import tuner I know owns one. The cable can even be used on other cars since it complies with the OBD2 CAN/ISO9141-2 standards and is J2534 compliant.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
MAN!!! I swear I would have loved this option. I got the Koldfire tune just recently. I will say the Koldfire tune has done well for me, but would love the tune on the fly ability.

Pricing info?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think pricing will be competitive to other options on the market.

I'm not sure yet what I think about allowing you to load a koldfire tune. If I were sold a tune I feel that I should have a right to modify it, just not share it with others. My system is able to read the calibration that's currently in the ECU. So in theory, provided they did not change the access routines you probably could load your koldfire tune and edit it with my software.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
subscribed for sure!

·
Registered
243 Posts
subparpunk03 I'd love to take your money but the way I prefer to work is that I want to make sure you get your money's worth. To me that's a well tested product. I'm continually making improvements.

-Michael

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a GT2871R custom (modified Hass) turbo kit which will run approx 8 PSIg. Do you have a map for this ?

Also, any rough idea when this will be available to the public ? Is it like in two months or in one year ?

Thank you

·
Registered
243 Posts
Before Christmas, that's for sure. For the most part the technology is all done for the '06-'07. I have just received a 2008 ECU so that will be added as soon as the product is out for the '06 and '07. I've already successfully tuned a few cars here and in Montreal who have the ForceFed turbo kit.

I suspect the GT2871 won't be too far from the GT2860RS except maybe with a bit more lag. Which turbine housing did you use? I recently did a comparison between the 2860, 2871, 2876 and the new gtx2867 on my own personal car so I have a good idea of the differences.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Exciting stuff, I foresee a turbo in my future now. This was the one big thing holding me back. I want a turbo, but I didn't want to have to go to a standalone due to the emissions headaches. :)

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
subparpunk03 I'd love to take your money but the way I prefer to work is that I want to make sure you get your money's worth. To me that's a well tested product. I'm continually making improvements.

-Michael
Great. What kind of results have you had with stock NA cars? Eliminated the 6,000 RPM notch?

Waiting for the 2005 version.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts