The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car for service to EuroMotorcars Lotus, Lotus Dealer in Bethesda Maryland - EuroMotorcars Lotus, and Jamie Gershowitz, Brand Manager, informed me that there was a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for the Ohlins adjustable shock assembly. It is a Class 2 Service Campaign to replace a stop washer that retains the lower spring collar. It has been found in extreme conditions that the stop washer may corrode to a point that it may fail. As a precaution, Ohlins is supplying a more robust stop washer and Lotus is having these washers replaced when affected cars are seen for regular service.

Many THX Jamie!

·
Registered
235 Posts
+1 for Jamie!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got the call. They have to disassemble the damper to change the abutment. I wiped mine off and the small weep of oil has kept them perfect so I declined.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's an old thread, but I have a question.

I'm considering purchasing a 211. The ppi says it needs this damper upgrade. Is this covered under warranty?

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
The TSB says it covers 2-elevens also...but VIN must be on their list. So, you will have to call Lotus to ask if your VIN is on the magic list.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's an old thread, but I have a question.

I'm considering purchasing a 211. The ppi says it needs this damper upgrade. Is this covered under warranty?
These dampers have been know to need rebuilds but are still excellent options. Short of going to a Penske, they are probably the best on the market.

If the dampers aren't covered, you can contact Ohlins directly and send them the dampers. They will rebuild them for a fraction of the price of new ones.

Good luck and feel free to contact us if you need help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts