The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OP, have you bought a lotus yet or are you researching mods before buying the car? :)
I had a 2008 S240 since 2008 but sold it when I bought a 2009 S260, I was planning on driving the Exige in Hawaii, but the roads in here are very poor and the other vehicles, usually Toyota trucks are very big - therefore the next best thing is an Evora 400.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
For what its worth, a few years back invictusmaneo installed some Tecnocraft cf parts. In one of his threads, he mentioned the parts had "milky looking clear coat in spots". Here's his thread on it: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/tecnocraft-sail-panel-louvered-hatch-296217/

Of course, this could have just been a bad batch or maybe they have changed their process/clear coat since 2015 ?? :shrug:

Just thought I'd mention it before you drop a fair bit of coin on parts. It might be something worth looking into.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I believe @HKFEVER still makes a lot of CF pieces for our cars. And everything I've seen posted about his work was positive.

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe @HKFEVER still makes a lot of CF pieces for our cars. And everything I've seen posted about his work was positive.
I love Charle's work and have bought a fair number of CF parts for my Exige, all the parts fit well and have a great finish. Except for the adjustable wing, the three holes were not well aligned so I can only use the most aggressive angle of attack.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
I have a bunch of HKFEVER's CF (rear wing, side scoops, barge boards, sail panel, A-pillars, mirror caps, front access panel, rear diffuser).

It's truly a work of art. :up:
This thread has definitely gone off the rails from the original question and I’m not helping! But with the mirror caps from HKFEVER, did they replace the painted cap or did they stick on top of the existing mirror?

To the OP, I’ve heard not so great things about the clear coat failing early on Technocraft parts, where the carbon fiber will yellow faster than other brands. If I were to buy any parts from them, I’d get it raw and add clear coat myself. As far as quality of the pieces, not a clue.

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This thread has definitely gone off the rails from the original question and I’m not helping! But with the mirror caps from HKFEVER, did they replace the painted cap or did they stick on top of the existing mirror?

To the OP, I’ve heard not so great things about the clear coat failing early on Technocraft parts, where the carbon fiber will yellow faster than other brands. If I were to buy any parts from them, I’d get it raw and add clear coat myself. As far as quality of the pieces, not a clue.
According to my friend who made the topless CF scoop; a high-quality UV resistant clear coat will reduce yellowing and deterioration, my S260 OEM CF parts also yellowed with time even though the car was always under a cover.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts

Mine is only a cover over the factory piece.

Clear coat is not the main protection. The yellowing is from the RESIN that was used in the CF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts