The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got intrested in lotus because of the idea of honda motors being swapped into one + there curb wieght and I hope to get one some day, I drive a 94 honda civic with a new Honda K-series motor.

I like FWD honda cars but I figure if you stay on one thing too long your skills will go down the drain.

I wanted to know about this car. Exige is what it's called? How long did lotus make this certain model? Exige is just whats its called, how do they distinguish the new and old models or generations?

Where could I find one of these in the usa and what price range used?
I've searched but I guess I suck at searching

I was thinking has anyone equipped the k24 motor in this car, its a k20 motor but slighty taller.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They aren't street legal in the US - track only. The S2 exige is now available and we are hoping it makes it over to the states. Search on this site, there is lots of info on this car. Look in the articles section. You aren't the only one that wants one!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donovan said:
They aren't street legal in the US - track only. The S2 exige is now available and we are hoping it makes it over to the states. Search on this site, there is lots of info on this car. Look in the articles section. You aren't the only one that wants one!
Arent street legal why? That really sucks. They say the same about the Nissan Skyline and I see them driving it around.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
C-zero said:
Arent street legal why?
Because they don't pass US emissions and safety regulations.

That really sucks.
Yeah, well life sucks :) Deal w/ it

They say the same about the Nissan Skyline and I see them driving it around.
Sure it's not an accord w/ a body kit? ;) No, seriously, you can get anything passed w/ enough $$$. But do you want to spend $150k for an S1 Exige that you can drive on the streets?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Here is the very good news.

But the Lotus Elise being sold in the USA now. Get the Sport Package also.

You have what is almost identical to the Exige S2 being sold overseas. Except the Elise is lighter.

Maybe later you can swap the clams over to make it an Exige.

Or you can wait. Some dealers are even accepting deposits or places in line for one... just in case it comes over some day. If it does, the rumor is it will be supercharged and around 240-255hp. If it comes over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats the model picture I posted above would that be called the S1? I would like to have that one, are they available in Left Hand Drive?

So if they become available here would the model I want be ''legal''?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
c-zero,
The pic is of an S1 exige. Lotus USA still has one left if I recall, but it's track only for the US. Don't know of any LEGAL street registered exiges that are owned by US citizens/permanent residents.

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zvezdah1 said:
c-zero,
The pic is of an S1 exige. Lotus USA still has one left if I recall, but it's track only for the US. Don't know of any LEGAL street registered exiges that are owned by US citizens/permanent residents.

Chris

Thats such a let down, I was just reading about 2 guys driving there exige in VA with N.Y. plates, do they happen to be at this forum?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
C-zero,
I've driven an s1 exige on the streets (georgia in August). Ventilation is horrendous at traffic speeds, and the roll cage makes it really a snug fit on entry and egress. I'll take a plain old bone stock toyota powered US elise with good paperwork any day of the week.

I wouldn't be surprised if some are registered for the streets, but question how legal the papers are on them, although I think some states do have a special license for cars for show purposes.

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like it.

Wow It looks good it reminds me of a bee or a hornet.

I still favor the S1 though, I wish to find a black one for 20k hopefully.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Re: I like it.

C-zero said:
Wow It looks good it reminds me of a bee or a hornet.

I still favor the S1 though, I wish to find a black one for 20k hopefully.
Well, here's one for sale now. I expect they'll want double or triple what you're looking to pay.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Huntington Ridge Motors in NY has 2 Exiges and a 340R for sale. Check out their website. If you think the Exige is cool, check out the 340R.

Symbolic has a S1 Elise with a Honda motor that is for sale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts