The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I happened to run into an 05 Storm Titanium Red interior Lotus Elise in the Los Angeles area. It had sustained damage to the following areas:

Front Clam needed to be replaced (front lower area was damaged-unrepairable)
Driver side rear wheel bent-lower control arm damage
Rear diffusor-Damaged
minor damage on rear clam

The vehicle seemed like had been either driven hard or it was a track car if not both (balded tires). More over from the condition it seemed like it was a high mileage car in comparison to many other ones.

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the vehicle. I'm considering purchasing it and would love to find out as much about the car as i possibly could. I was wondering if perhaps the pervious owner is apart of this forum. The vehicle does carry a salvage title :wallbang: and was recently written off which means this has got to be a recent wreck.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried about the vehicle at all to be honest. I was just curious as to how the crash took place. :shrug: Plus, its not like its going to be the first Elise I have owned.

P.S. The price is an undisclosed amount.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Today I happened to run into an 05 Storm Titanium Red interior Lotus Elise in the Los Angeles area. It had sustained damage to the following areas:

Front Clam needed to be replaced (front lower area was damaged-unrepairable)
Driver side rear wheel bent-lower control arm damage
Rear diffusor-Damaged
minor damage on rear clam

The vehicle seemed like had been either driven hard or it was a track car if not both (balded tires). More over from the condition it seemed like it was a high mileage car in comparison to many other ones.

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the vehicle. I'm considering purchasing it and would love to find out as much about the car as i possibly could. I was wondering if perhaps the pervious owner is apart of this forum. The vehicle does carry a salvage title :wallbang: and was recently written off which means this has got to be a recent wreck.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

It's not this one, is it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VAa34OYAK34&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VAa34OYAK34&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Does the owner look about 15 and wears glasses? :D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I'm not worried about the vehicle at all to be honest. I was just curious as to how the crash took place..
"Today I happened to run into an 05 Storm Titanium Red interior Lotus Elise in the Los Angeles area"

If you ran into it, wouldn't you know how it happened ?? rotfl

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey Einstein!!!

I ran into the vehicle at a local auction. I was at the location for a different purposes when I ran into the Elise. As of right now Im not sure about the price. Have a ball park figure of what I will be paying for it though.

Once purchased I will post pic's

PS I dont think it will be anything near the prices of the salvage Elises I have seen in the market going for around 17-20k DAMAGED.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm hoping for more... Keep those used prices high! Oh, wait... Not, less! Drop the used values so I can buy one too! :) Just kidding. I hope it works out, lets see some pics up in here. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its going to be cheaper than 17k. I look forward to getting back into an Elise. Even though the color isn't my favorite I dont mind.

Looking on Ebay a salvage one right now has a bid of 25k on it. People must be crazy. I was looking over some of the posts in here and Clean title Elises are going for around 30k. Furthermore, online they have/had wrecked ones listed over 20k. These people are outrageous!! I dont know who would pay over 20k for a wrecked elise and dump another 6 to put it back togather.

PS I will post pic's of the vehicle as soon as I head out to the location once more = )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts