The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relocating overseas and may need to temporarily remove my BWR supercharger for inspection purposes. It will need to be reinstalled later on. I'd like to know how to do this myself so that the mechanics overseas won't mess up my car.

Has anyone done this before, and if so, can you share your experiences, etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Having just finished the install of my SC, I'm thinking that a "temporary" removal is not an easy undertaking.

It's not like you can just unbolt the SC itself. All the SC components, injectors, ECU, belts, wiring, etc. that were changed in the SC install need to be put back to OEM state. You'd have to put the alternator back where it was or rig up some idler pulley system.

I pretty sure a stock motor won't run with an ECU SC tune, or it will run very badly.

I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like a simple task.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. In this case I'll keep it on then.

Well I am relocating to a country where they are particularly anal about small car modifications and fuel consumption. I am just trying to figure out what is the easiest route to pass the fairly elaborate certification process there.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I pretty sure a stock motor won't run with an ECU SC tune, or it will run very badly.
this will be the main problem .
You have to find a stock ECU for inspection`s hours

1 - 5 of 5 Posts