The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Jeep is right on point. Growing up in Santa Fe I can vouch that most of the uber wealthy drove those and I certainly have that connotation in my mind when I think of that car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's interesting to look at this thread in light of the current Porsche market. I think a 944 would be a better fit given the topic. the trick to owning most of these cars is to keep them properly running and maintained.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The Jeep made me laugh. When I was in high school my buddy had a woody Wagoneer just like that. I doubt he paid $2k for it, and boy did we abuse that poor thing. Definitely does not evoke thoughts of millions to me.

I am in agreement that at least 1/2 the cars on that list shouldn't be.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
99% of the public couldn't tell you the difference in 30 years of 911's.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
The Jeep made me laugh. When I was in high school my buddy had a woody Wagoneer just like that. I doubt he paid $2k for it, and boy did we abuse that poor thing. Definitely does not evoke thoughts of millions to me.

I am in agreement that at least 1/2 the cars on that list shouldn't be.
My memories of those are -->rattles and ponderous handling at best. Nothing "wealthy " about that choice. A genuine example of sh!!ty American build quality of the day. Thus reason so many of us became buyers of foreign SUV's -pic a name., but let's use the infiniely better build quality of the earlier Monteros as an example, specifically the gen2 mid 90's SR's.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts