The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
There's a thread on here somewhere about that. What I remember the most about it was the parts were practically impossible to get if you're not a Tesla owner.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I wanted the carbon fiber one and just the front and the top was 4000$ from Tesla. so im going another route there is a carbon fiber company that is building a kit for us he has most of the pieces just waiting on a plastic injection company to do the vents under the dash.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm interested in this if anyone ever brings this to life.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I talked to Chris with ConceptCarbon and was told it would be around $1200. Would be ready in 2 weeks
Whooo... $1200. Seems a little steep. I'm definitely interested to see what all comes in the kit though. Maybe there'd be a chance at an initial group buy? The more people that order, the less the kit cost?

·
Elise Driver
786 Posts
That's A LOT of money, but I can overlook that. However, I can not overlook those ugly half vents, they look like 2 frogs with their mouths open. Personally I think all 4 air vents should match, especially since I have that custom aluminum set :drool: My plan is to use the stock radio trim and just cut off the bottom portion under the radio so I will have room for my double din (Alpine 900BT). I will then mount the climate control under that, just like other members have done with great success.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My plan is to use the stock radio trim and just cut off the bottom portion under the radio so I will have room for my double din (Alpine 900BT). I will then mount the climate control under that, just like other members have done with great success.
This sounds like a great plan as well. Please document this for a write up! It would be very useful as it seems this is a highly sought after mod with very little actual documentation. Thanks and good luck!

·
Elise Driver
786 Posts
I just got an even better idea. We should ask HK Fever to tweak his stock carbon fiber radio trim to support a double din radio. It should not be very difficult for him to do!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts