The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
My friend just recently took delivery of his. He was like #517 for 2010 models.... at a base price of 109k, that's a gross sale of $56,000,000..... for 2010 models...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend just recently took delivery of his. He was like #517 for 2010 models.... at a base price of 109k, that's a gross sale of $56,000,000..... for 2010 models...
he was #517 total or 517 on the 2010 model list... because so far they have only produced around 500 cars total and thats the 2008 production run. (e.g. cars being delivered were ordered years ago as 2008 MY)

Unless they are now calling the 2008 models 2010 models instead... I know its just splitting hairs anyway...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I believe total...

he was #517 total or 517 on the 2010 model list... because so far they have only produced around 500 cars total and thats the 2008 production run. (e.g. cars being delivered were ordered years ago as 2008 MY)

Unless they are now calling the 2008 models 2010 models instead... I know its just splitting hairs anyway...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
There are a bunch of teslas being assembled at the Lotus factory. They do use much of the same chassis parts. The ones I saw were in various states of completion. They do look alot like an Elise until the body panels are glued (or bonded as the tour guide said!) in place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For the 2008 MY there were 27 "Founder's Series" Roadsters.

Then numbering started again with 100 "Signature" series with special badging. The numbering continued up to number 500. Then they jumped to 2010 MY starting at number 501. To date, I believe they are delivering at about number 600.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
NEW YORK — Taking a cue from house-call services like Best Buy's Geek Squad, electric carmaker Tesla Motors is launching a maintenance plan where mechanics travel to owners' homes or offices to perform repairs and tuneups.

Tesla, which makes the $109,000 Roadster electric car, said the plan is convenient for customers who won't have to bring their vehicle to a showroom, while cutting costs by making a large network of Tesla service locations unnecessary.

"You know how there's a Chevy dealer on every block or strip mall? We don't intend to have a footprint like this," spokeswoman Rachel Konrad said.

But the service won't be cheap. The carmaker will charge vehicle owners $1 for every roundtrip mile its technicians travel, from showroom to garage, with a minimum charge of $100 per trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts