The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tesla Model S will be driven onstage on Letterman Late Night tomorrow night, appearing right after Jennifer Garner ;)

According to the producer, this will be the first fully functioning car to appear on Late Night. Conventional cars and hybrids, which produce CO2 emissions, have never been allowed in drivable form on the Late Night set due to strict emission regulations.

--Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Letterman has a Tesla

Letterman had the head of GM on the other night and was questioning why the Chevy Volt can only go 40 miles on electric power.
Letterman said that he has a Tesla and that it can go a few hundred miles.
He then complained that the only problem is that their isn't much room in the car and that him and the GM guy both would have a hard time fitting in it at the same time.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
...i wonder if he got a sweetheart deal on his tesla?..
He said he paid a lot for it, so I dont think so.
He told the GM guy he wanted to be first on the list for the Volt, since he let him talk about it on his show, instead of the other Late Night TV host (Jay Leno) who always seems to get moved up on all the lists

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I am surprised to find that people are not aware that the Tesla is named after the world's greatest inventor, Nikola Tesla.
...you know, a lot of folks share that same mistaken assumption - in actuality, mark eberhard just happens to be a huge fan of the late eighties sacramento metal scene...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p_2w4vl9mt8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p_2w4vl9mt8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts