The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a called yesterday from Silicon Valley Auto Group in Los Gato, they have Life style orange demo in. Stop by and test drive today, I have seem the pics but it's looks 10x better in person :cool: . The workmanship is excellent and the sound of engine when push it is noting short of amazing, my only complain is the shift, it felt a bit loose not as tight as my shorten mr2 spyder shift or the s2000 I test drove last week, but if I have the money I will take it anyday.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
he said lifestyle orange because he could not bring himself to utter chrome orange :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no deposit yet, still struggle. The waiting period is about 10 months if I put down my deposit now.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Interesting that you were called directly; that your guy made the outreach... My salesman at SVAG knows I am interested in a test drive... I've had a desposit down since October of last year. Yesterday I called and left a message requesting a test drive--let's see if anyone calls me back.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,160 Posts
george said:
no deposit yet, still struggle. The waiting period is about 10 months if I put down my deposit now.
I'd kill if I only had to wait another 10 months... I called Behlmann in St. Louis yesterday and Steve Brown said that they were going to have their first 10 deliveries by 10/31/2004 and have 6-7 cars delivered per month after that...

That means my #73 spot will be here somewhere between 7/31/2005 and 9/20/2005... that's between 353 and 404 days from now... and I've had my deposit down since 4/17...

Freakin' DOOMED!!! :huh:

p.s. I'm calling Fox Valley later today to check on them... I'm #165 with a deposit down since 2/6... we'll see about THEM!! (will post addendum later)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
Interesting that you were called directly; that your guy made the outreach... My salesman at SVAG knows I am interested in a test drive... I've had a desposit down since October of last year. Yesterday I called and left a message requesting a test drive--let's see if anyone calls me back.
Don't expect much from them this week...they're extremely busy preparing for, and participating in, the various activities down in Monterey.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Oh, is the concours this weekened? That's SOOOOO not my crowd. Oh well, at least if the dealer demo car is just sitting on grass, no one will have the opportunity to shunt it during a test drive.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
Oh, is the concours this weekened? That's SOOOOO not my crowd.
There are numerous events...three concours (Pebble Beach, Concorso Italiano, and The Quail)...with, I think, fairly different crowds at each. Plus the Monterey Historic races.

I don't think they're taking the Elise down there, but due to their involvement with other marques they are very involved in the events.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
test drive!

my brother and i test drove the SVAG Elise...

WOW!

nothing more needs to be said. I'll miss my MR2T, but this car will bring smiles just like my Two.

what a machine....:clap:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Raggedy, we're you limited to hwy 17, or did you get a route with plenty of corners?

Also, did you get to hit redline? and how many miles were on the car?

Finally, who was your salesman/contact?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
the rep let my brother and i take the car out by ourselves after he went out with my brother first. there was a faire in town so there was a lot of car traffic. we took the back way out and towards the freeway. i took it onto the freeway for one exit before swinging back. i would say i drove a total of 20 mins - same for my brother.

the exhaust was plenty loud/aggressive for me. i loved it! again, not to repeat what everyone else has already said, but the steering is incredible too! the only drawback would be the shift linkage. it felt a little vague and the throws were long. the pedals are spaced very close together so guys with large feet, I can't see how you could drive this thing! I wear size 8 shoes so I was fine, but my brother has size 10 1/2s and he was nearly hitting the brake and accelerator at once.

yes, we were allowed to hit redline. when does the fuel cut kick in? i pulled a few shifts at 8500+rpm and didn't hit fuel cut. this car is awesome. i had reservations about moving away from my mr2T, but I don't think I'll have any regrets (unless the Elise spends a lot of time in the repair shop). The mr2T is a great car in it's own right, but the Elise is so much more visceral.

The main contact is Jack Gordon.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
oh, i guess you had a few more questions i didn't answer. i think the car had nearly 500 miles if I remember correctly.
There weren't any 'twisties' to take it on, but going around the on/off ramps showed me plenty. This car STICKS!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
thanks raggedy!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wish I could find a dealer with a 10 month wait a little closer to the east coast...I would be willing to fly in and drive home....cali would be a little to far for me with a brand new car

1 - 20 of 77 Posts