The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Identify the cars in the following pictures. First correct answer get... well, nothing, since I can't identify all the cars. First pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The red Lotus in Pix #1 is a Lotus 41 in F3 (1100cc) delivery.

Compare to my 41 in Formula B livery (Lotus Twin Cam power) in pix - white car.

Where is this museum?

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
khamai said:
Where is this museum?
In or around Prague, Czech Republic.

No, I didn't take the pictures.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
In the 2nd pix there's a Bugatti 35 & what looks like a Maseratti in the front.

Going back to the 41. There's less than 30 of the original 61 that were produced that are still in existance. There's a Lotus 41 registry that we're attempting to list all the known ones in existance. I doubt if we've go this one if it's in Prague.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
khamai said:
Going back to the 41. There's less than 30 of the original 61 that were produced that are still in existance. There's a Lotus 41 registry that we're attempting to list all the known ones in existance. I doubt if we've go this one if it's in Prague.
I sent an email to the person who took the pics asking what the name of the museum is, but then I figured I could find it with a Google search. I was right.

It's the National Technical Museum. http://www.ntm.cz/aframes.html

Looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Didn't make it to that museum, but Prague is a gorgeous city and the people are very friendly and most speak excellent English. Well worth a visit.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Thanks for the URL Andrew! I've forward the photo & URL to the guy that keeps the 41 registry.

Master - 41's are similar to Lotus 23's but don't have the cache of the popular sports racer. Today good 23's (when you can find one) are priced in the $65-85K range. 41's are typically about 75% of the price of a 23, so about $45-60K.

Generally speaking the prices of Lotus cars from the 50s & 60s has been going up in the past couple of years. Old Elans were in the low to mid teens a couple years ago. Now I'm seeing them in the mid 20's or higher (nice ones). There's one here in California that is asking $39K.

I think much of the rise in prices is due to the new awareness that the Elise has brought in the states. :)

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
khamai said:
Thanks for the URL Andrew! I've forward the photo & URL to the guy that keeps the 41 registry.
Glad to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts