The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you Lotus guys! It's a parking lot of Vettes at the Texas Tour! We need more Loti!!

SS is going to have no less than 20 people!

Streets have been blocked off, huge Texas Sized tents have been ordered to keep us out of the sun and or rain!

I'm in charge of the parties and I promise you there will be actual kegs of Shiner Bock and Frozen Margaritas both nights, Pizza at the welcome party, and the Famous Riscky's BBQ on Sat. night with good music and way to many stories to tell on sunday morning!

Y'all come on down!!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Texas events have always been great. Wish I could be there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Where is this being held?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
How about an intro or explanation of what it is you are promoting.
Never heard anything about your event.
It might help draw interest.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is a SCCA Solo II National Tour. (This is the solo forum)
You can find more description on the scca website under the solo tab if that doesn't help

By the way I'll be there with a codriver in my Exige

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would you like a thesis statement as well?! English 1302.C01 ended an hour ago for me.

Lehman did a good job of explaining it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a SCCA Solo II National Tour. (This is the solo forum)
You can find more description on the scca website under the solo tab if that doesn't help

By the way I'll be there with a codriver in my Exige
Make it no less than 22 in SS! Look forward to seeing you there!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Would you like a thesis statement as well?! English 1302.C01 ended an hour ago for me.

Lehman did a good job of explaining it.
Don't know Lehman and as you can see his answer came after I asked the question. I was asking a legit question and not trying to be smart-ass. It would be nice if you could answer in the same manner.

It looked like you were soliciting a specific event. No date, time, or description were given. If it is posted somewhere else, a reference would have been helpful.

A simple answer as posted by others was what I was looking for.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Don't know Lehman, I was asking a legit question and not trying to be smart-ass. It would be nice if you could answer in the same manner.

It looked like you were soliciting a specific event. No date, time, or description were given. If it is posted somewhere else, a reference would have been helpful.

Care to try again, now sarcasm is being applied.
No worries Al... I didn't get it either and it tooc a sec. before the "a-ha, this is the Solo forum" kicked in.

You know that construction zone you drive through on the way to the track? These guys just decide to stop there and go no further.
;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think it's a legit question. Here's the link to the SCCA National Tour page: http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=56

What you're looking at is 2 days of competition on a temporary closed-course (marked with pylons). You get 3 runs on a 50'ish second course each day to get your best time possible. Your best time from both days are combined for a final time.

Although you will not get a lot of seat time, you will find plenty of compeition. Some of the best drivers in this part of the country are going to be in town for this event. We're hoping a few of our local track guys will come out to see how you do.

Cody, since you seem to know what Solo competition is all about...consider yourself called out. This isn't an open lapping day. There's actual ego damaging competition involved. :wave:

·
Registered
337 Posts
My answer was actually a to the point and direct response.

How dare someone accuse me of giving a smart-ass answer to a forum inquiry.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think Stuart was the only one being a slow-ass.

edit: I mean, smart-ass.
-poke-

:D

Seriously though, not being an SCCA member yet, what do I do with the entry form? I planned on signing up for an SCCA membership at the Apr 27 event.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No worries Al... I didn't get it either and it tooc a sec. before the "a-ha, this is the Solo forum" kicked in.

You know that construction zone you drive through on the way to the track? These guys just decide to stop there and go no further.
;)
Yes, I'd like to see how you do at this level of competition. Please come and teach us how to manuever through a construction zone.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts