The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fibbing. In fact, they suggest that we not even drive them!

I received my vehicle registration bill for one of my other vehicles today, and lo' and behold... a Lotus key in the advertisement! They probably used it because it is obscure and doesn't have a logo on it.

(Use this key. Not this key. for texasonline.com)

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
VA has started charging $5 for renewals that "should have been done online or by phone" but were done in person instead.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
VA has started charging $5 for renewals that "should have been done online or by phone" but were done in person instead.
Hell, yeah. As a hotel operator, I charge more for folks that insist on using the phone instead of booking online.

Sorry Luddites, you're costing me money so prepare to pay more!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Texas charges a $1 fee if you mail it in.
If you do it online you get the $1 mail fee AND a $2 internet fee.
If you walk in and do it.... no fees.

This is at least for Harris county. So I just make a trip of it and drive downtown, do it in person and eat at Treebeards. Only time I get to eat there. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I live in Houston too LordZ. You save the $1.00 mail and $2.00 Internet fees for a total of $3.00. How much does parking, even at a meter, cost nowadays in downtown Houston?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Apparently you have never eaten at treebeards! :) We car pool down for lunch, I normally don't even drive. So no gas, parking is $2 for 4 people on the street for an hour I think.

It's not the cost, it's the principalities involved... both you and I know it doesn't cost them $2 to mail that to me. And it costs them nothing to accept it over the net, well maybe the CC fee they get charged vs Cash/check at the window. If I want to make a donation it will be to the homeless guy selling newspapers at the stopsign. Not the tax office that makes me pay tax on a vehicle that had already had tax paid on it twice before when I bought it (3rd owner).

See what you made me do now? Went way OT and now I'm mad at the MAN again. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't get downtown anymore since I quit working there in 2000 LordZ. But, I might just have to venture down sometime just for old times' sake and check it out.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Best red beans and rice in town I do believe. Good chili too. They have 7 locations or so I think, all downtown. But one is right next to tax office.

Oh, and don't skip out on the cake either. Great desserts. Now i'm hungary and it's only 9... Just not my day.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My Lotus key does not look like the one in the picture - the black plastic part is quite a bit taller, and the grooves in the key itself are different...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Apparently you have never eaten at treebeards! :)
In Fangorn? -poke-

Not the tax office that makes me pay tax on a vehicle that had already had tax paid on it twice before when I bought it (3rd owner).

See what you made me do now? Went way OT and now I'm mad at the MAN again. :)
Down with the man for triple taxation!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Actually I happen to know a bit about TX Online. There is a private company that runs that site for Texas. The private company stands up the entire technology solution, builds the solution and puts it online and manages it day to day with their own money. They then recoup the investment by charging those online fees.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The key in the Ad is a standard Cobra alarm key.... nothing Lotus specific :(

edit: or am i thinking of the remote part of it?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Huh, guess so!

2005 Elise, #16. Does the area around your key light up? Mine early Elise doesn't so that may be why I have the LED on my key and a different design.

My key is the same as the other one posted, so no LED on the key, just a non descript key with a Cobra key fob.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts