The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LarryB was nice enough to invite me along for a ride on Infineon Raceway this weekend in his '05 Elise. Even though I got REALLY sick, it was still such an amazing experience! I really had no idea how much grip the A048's offer, as he took turns which seemed to defy the laws of physics. :D

After my stomach finally caught up with us, all I could think about was how much of a novice driver I am. I have probably driven my car 2/10ths of what it is capable of, even though LarryB said he was having a slow day and was off pace! -eek-:D

Thanks once again :up: for opening my eyes sir! :D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it… maybe a little more now that the stomach settled down. Sear Point is a lot like a roller coaster ride. Little bum, wasn’t till I was driving home that I thought of the photographer that was working the event. Would have been nice to check out and maybe pick up some photos, from that session.

The 048 once you get some heat in them and the pressure set, get pretty darn sticky. Not something anyone is likely to do on the street. Autocrossing or tracking allows you to take the car to a whole other world.

Was in your shoes less then 4 years ago. It’s a blast but also a never ending quest to get better.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Just a note to the people who haven't >>>>>>> IF you haven't gotten your Elise / Exige on the track yet........ you OWE it to yourself to do that; or at least go along for a ride with someone who knows what they're doing. You will not believe what your car will really DO. It was made for it and you cannot duplicate this on any street.

·
Registered
475 Posts
+1

Breaking laws or not, you will never know what your lotus is capable of until you get it off the street and onto the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts