The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the non-US posters to this board, which is devoted to the Elise in America. I am especially attentive to your insights, given the experience and information available to you as veteran Elise/Exige owners. As you are by now painfully aware, most of us here in the States are still preoccupied with two questions: "Where's my car?" and "Where's my @#$%ing car?". I'm glad you are willing to wade through all of that to actively participate on this board and give us real data and tips about the Elise.

So to you from the UK and the Continent, and from Hong Kong and Australia (am I leaving anybody out?), I say THANK YOU! And please check back on this board often to help answer my dumb questions! Like, is there a good 111R board somewhere that a Yank, still without an Elise, can crash?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Lotus,
Yep the dedicated in the rest of the countries have been of great help and resource for info. Too numerous all the guys/gals that have been so helpful to us.

www.seloc.org is a big UK site for elise you might loook there
Chris

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Lotus,
Yep the dedicated in the rest of the countries have been of great help and resource for info. Too numerous all the guys/gals that have been so helpful to us.

www.seloc.org is a big UK site for elise you might loook there
Chris
You just have to ignore some of the obnoxious American bashing sometimes. Eventually anything worth knowing is filtered back to Elisetalk anyway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well.... not really there yet but I'm landing in Atlanta on the 5th:clap: Finally!!:D
Yes, we should be there in Alabama:) Would be happy to meet you:) I just need to check if my wife isn't working on saturday morning.
Thks for your welcome:)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yes, all the contributions from overseas members have been extremely valuable. Thanks, it is much appreciated! I'm amazed that you aren't put off by the endless allocation discussions and complaints. It's going to get much better once more of us have cars, so please stick around. Of course we'll have even more questions then. I hope that in a couple of years, we will catch up with some the knowledge you have acquired, and figured out a few things ourselves, so that you find information that is useful to you when you visit this site.
:clap:

·
Registered
21 Posts
as I've mentioned in earlier posts, it's great to witness the real enthusiasm you guys have for the Elise.

My first Elise did not have a wait list - customer ordered the car but could not pay...) I saw the car at the dealers on a saturday and collected the following tuesday - not much time for research etc...

This time round, I'm having to wait four months or so for a car which is pratically the same as what you guys have ordered. I am learning from the experiences from those who already have a Toyota powered Elise. I know my wait is nothing like what you guys have been through/are going through but I share the same feeling of anticipation etc. Mr car is ready and prepped at the dealership and waiting to be collected on wednesday... Stage II fitted.. it sounds great and that was just at idle.. blipping the accelerator brought the engine note to life :) Will post pics next week.

Seloc.org is a great site with a lot of good posters - check it out.

PS... hasn't anyone ordered a Krypton green fed car....?

Milan

·
Registered
648 Posts
To tell the truth it's a nice change from the usual boards... Good luck getting those plastic cars to your shores....

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I want to specifically thank Arno, a dedicated poster who has tirelessly answered a gazillion requests...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts