The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a job well done! Just got my 15K check-up, brake system flush, and all the recall campaigns taken care of in one shot.
My car came back cleaner than I have ever seen it, and running better than it ever has. Now all I have to do is enjoy it.
Thanks again. You guys are a very professional group.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I would imagine that, in addition to being happy with their service on a personal level, he wanted to share his good experience with others so they would have knowledge of a good dealer. Frankly, the more open and transparent business transactions are, the better it is for the community in general, and I'm glad people share their good and bad experiences.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Total was $849. Included brake system flush, wash and detail.

·
Registered
693 Posts
:eek:
What else did they do that cost the other $700? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
what's done is done, but buy a couple of tools and do the fluid work yourself, unless you've got money coming out the wazoo and don't want to learn about your car. read a couple threads about checking the torque on the appropriate fasteners and go at it.

these service charges are not going to cut it, once these cars start getting into the hands of buyers at really low price points.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I need to get in to do a 7.5K check up but their service department hasn't returned my calls after I've called about 4 times. :confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
what's done is done, but buy a couple of tools and do the fluid work yourself, unless you've got money coming out the wazoo and don't want to learn about your car. read a couple threads about checking the torque on the appropriate fasteners and go at it.

these service charges are not going to cut it, once these cars start getting into the hands of buyers at really low price points.
+1

The service costs for my 6K intervals on the Duc's is around $1k apiece. :eek: As a result, I have a very large selection of metric tools:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I needed to get it to a dealer before it went out of warranty for all the recalls, and for one last check-up. Now that it is out of warranty, I will most likely do the service myself. They were kind enough to see to it that I got a new stage II muffler under warranty as it was installed on the car when it was sold new. That would have added $800 to the bill.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Myko 2- Thanks for the info. I usually get my work done at Newport Lotus and was hoping that you had found a much better deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts