The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had an accident on the way to VIR

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/way-vir-52741/

Tundra is repaired now, $14,000 per other guy's Insurance (GMAC)
I asked them for a Dimished Value Claim, as the Tundra had only 7,000 miles.
They came by my home the next day, we haggled a bit, I got a check for $3000. I would not have known to ask for the claim had I not seen similar on this forum.
I figure the truck took a larger $ hit than $3K for the accident, but I'm glad to get something for it.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
:up:

If it only took a little bit of haggling, you probably ended up with a lot less that you could have got.

If the repairs were done well, there's no hidden damage, and you don't plan to sell your Tundra for a long, long time, you made out okay and didn't have to go through the hassles I did with my DOV claim against Allstate.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lighten up

:up:

If it only took a little bit of haggling, you probably ended up with a lot less that you could have got.

If the repairs were done well, there's no hidden damage, and you don't plan to sell your Tundra for a long, long time, you made out okay and didn't have to go through the hassles I did with my DOV claim against Allstate.

Lighten up, man. In effect, you just called him an idiot for taking $3k after only a little bit of negotiating. Maybe he didn't want to get into a knock down drag out fight and have his guts in an uproar for weeks or months to get a few more bucks. Maybe he was happy to just get a few dollars over and above the cost of repairs and be done with it.

Maybe the insurance company was reasonable right off the bat...okay, so that's pretty far fetched...but he's done with it. And that counts for a lot sometimes.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Lighten up, man. In effect, you just called him an idiot for taking $3k after only a little bit of negotiating. Maybe he didn't want to get into a knock down drag out fight and have his guts in an uproar for weeks or months to get a few more bucks. Maybe he was happy to just get a few dollars over and above the cost of repairs and be done with it.

Maybe the insurance company was reasonable right off the bat...okay, so that's pretty far fetched...but he's done with it. And that counts for a lot sometimes.
I'm sorry. I thought the :up: indicated that he did a good job. No insult was intended.

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry. I thought the :up: indicated that he did a good job. No insult was intended.
No insult taken. My father, who owned several automobile dealerships, would have said what you did, or more. My immediate thought when they gave in a couple of days later was: "I gave up too quickly, should have got them upset some!" :wallbang:
I just wanted to give credit to this forum for educating me, as has been done on so many topics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts