The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Thinking an Elise, Exige or perhaps an Evora might be a fun addition to the garage.

I have owned MG's and Triumphs since I was 15 and that was 35 years ago. I currently own a 1980 FI TR8 and a Ferrari 355.

Like many of you I do almost all of my own repairs and maintenance.

My cars are not trailer queens but driven regularly, when the weather permits, averaging 3,000 miles or more each summer on each one.

The Exige is my primary target but the the Evora and the Elise remain interesting as well.

I'll apologize early for some of my basic questions as I come up to speed on this marque. Your patience and guidance will be most appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Confused

O.k., TR-8 & F355 driver, what exactly are you looking for? An addition to your 'fun pack', a daily driver's car or what? I tend to believe that either the Elise or Exige can be a daily drive (as my '05 Elise) and will require much lower maintenance than your TR8 & F355 (by far). I also believe that the handling of either, the Elise or Exige, is superior to the TR8 (not sure about the F355 since I've never sampled it or delved into its reviews). Since you are doing most maintenance yourself, I suggest you go for either one, the Elise or Exige. You get good value & great performance for a fairly reasonable investment.

·
Registered
831 Posts
LOVE the TR-8. Underappreciated and '70's awesome. If you ever think about selling, PM me!

Andy

PS: You would love the Elise/Exige. British car that runs, how about that?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.k., TR-8 & F355 driver, what exactly are you looking for? An addition to your 'fun pack', a daily driver's car or what? I tend to believe that either the Elise or Exige can be a daily drive (as my '05 Elise) and will require much lower maintenance than your TR8 & F355 (by far). I also believe that the handling of either, the Elise or Exige, is superior to the TR8 (not sure about the F355 since I've never sampled it or delved into its reviews). Since you are doing most maintenance yourself, I suggest you go for either one, the Elise or Exige. You get good value & great performance for a fairly reasonable investment.
Sorry to confuse. I am looking for an addition. Not selling anything at this point.

None of my current cars are a "daily driver". Just fun runs on the week nights and cruises over the weekends.

Not afraid of ongoing maintenance on a car and it is, in many respects, expected. certainly do not mind doing that on my own ;)

I have developed a small bug fort autocross, but questioning if doing that in a 30+ year old Triumph is a good idea. The Ferrari is out as the maint is silly expensive.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOVE the TR-8. Underappreciated and '70's awesome. If you ever think about selling, PM me!

Andy

PS: You would love the Elise/Exige. British car that runs, how about that?
Exige looks like fun doesn't it? Need to do the research. I think I need one. But it needs to just show up. My wife would never approve of that purchase. Ask for permission or beg for forgiveness. I choose the latter. Worked so far!

FYI, I have 108,000 miles on my TR8 with the original drive train. It runs :)

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
The biggest problem you will have is that your other toys will sit once you get a Lotus. Once I got mine I couldn't appreciate the other toys anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts