The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

I simply wanted to post a thank you to all members that continue to share that experiences with their Lotus...in particular, the Evora. I picked up my car about 3 months ago and I couldn't be happier. I am no mechanic and in that short time, I have installed the Radium CAI using their easy instructions...upgraded my stereo...using notes and photos posted by various members and completed the DIY oil change. I have learned a great deal about this ride. It's the first car I've ever owned that I think I will keep until I can no longer drive.

I upgraded the stereo this last week and I gotta say that just swapping out the head unit made a HUGE difference on the sound quality. I added a Pioneer AVH-3400BH. I wanted to shape the sound in stages, so I skipped on the amplifiers etc until I heard what the head unit would do. I am happy to say that I need nothing else. It's like the speakers have new life. The fit looks factory..minus the Pioneer logo and Pandora stickers on the unit. I couldn't be happier.

All I can say about the CAI is that it really woke the car from a deep sleep. I haven't noticed a major change in my fuel consumption, but I don't drive it every day.

To all the new members like myself, please become very familiar with the search function. You can find just about everything you're looking for with it.

Once again, thanks to all. Now, as soon as the temp drops below 105, I've got a few more miles to put in for the weekend. :shift:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome aboard. Yes the Evora is a fantastic vehicle. Drive safe.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Get it to a track day and you'll really fall in love!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really am glad I made this purchase. I was considering holding out for the 2013 Boxster, but after seeing them both in person...and driving them, I think I made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Lotus is coming! 2nd and third at Hungary in a series Porsche has stayed out of! Deal with a few niggles but the dynamics are unmatched for twice the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts