The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todd, aka Moto44, was kind enough to invite a few lotustalkers to his cabin in northern wisconsin for some snowmobiling over the weekend.
It was very nice of Todd to include me in his plans and he proved to be a most gracious host.
Ill let the other folks who were included share their point of view but i want to let Todd know how much i appreciate his genorosity. his generosity is only eclipsed by his class as a human being and a good friend.
Thanks again Todd!

heres some pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
What a fun weekend! For those who are wondering, our group consisted of LotusTalk members evomind, dasmoofler, Mr_Baker, and me, Moto44. I'll let y'all guess who is who in the photos. :)

We spent most of our time snowmobiling in the Land O' Lakes, Watersmeet, Bruce Crossing area of the U.P. of Michigan.

The snowmobiling was great this weekend, but the added bonus for me was the fact that we drove up in evomind's H1 Hummer. We found some great unplowed snow covered fire roads to push it to its limits. We even coaxed evomind to take it out on the lake after dark. Pretty gutsy considering the Hummer weighs in at nearly 10,000 pounds, much heavier than anything the ice fishermen were taking out on the ice earlier in the day.

I'm glad you guys had a good time!

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a fun weekend! For those who are wondering, our group consisted of LotusTalk members evomind, dasmoofler, Mr_Baker, and me, Moto44. I'll let y'all guess who is who in the photos. :)

We spent most of our time snowmobiling in the Land O' Lakes, Watersmeet, Bruce Crossing area of the U.P. of Michigan.

The snowmobiling was great this weekend, but the added bonus for me was the fact that we drove up in evomind's H1 Hummer. We found some great unplowed snow covered fire roads to push it to its limits. We even coaxed evomind to take it out on the lake after dark. Pretty gutsy considering the Hummer weighs in at nearly 10,000 pounds, much heavier than anything the ice fishermen were taking out on the ice earlier in the day.

I'm glad you guys had a good time!
i had a great time, todd.
i especially enjoyed how you made sure we saw some of the sites like the waterfall.
i must say that whole area is very beautiful country and i hope i make it back up again.
sorry abt almost flipping over your snowmobile..:). key word is "almost." no harm, no foul..:)

here is a pic, sorry but it seems that a snowflake has covered your face..:)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Dang, guys...

Looks like a blast.

Next time, I'll try not to be flat on my back with a dozen or so stitches in my lower spine.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Good of you to shave of the goatee Evo...you look younger with just the soul patch...and not quite as *******!:panic:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Here are a couple [Fall] photos of the two falls that we visited: Bond Falls and Agate Falls. The old railroad trestle that looms high above Agate Falls is part of the snowmobile and off road vehicle trail. We are on top of that trestle in some of the photos Mike has posted here.

Attachments

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
So THAT'S Mr. Baker.....:D

Looks like a great time!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I should also note that LotusTalker dwkoski (Dave) lives in the area. Unfortunately for us, Dave was vacationing in Florida at the time so we weren't able to connect up with him. He did, however, graciously offer to let us use his bat cave [garage] to fix our sleds if need be.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I sure hope somebody let his kids out of the trunk of his car for a walk now and then while he was away.
The kids are stored for the winter along with the car.

So THAT'S Mr. Baker.....:D Looks like a great time!
Why, yes, that's what the ladies say. ;)

Indeed, it was a great time. Up north is a world far removed from the usual routine, and Todd's a great host as Evo said, giving us a very nice place to stay, sleds to ride, and adventures around many corners. Thanks much!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts