The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
1,205 Posts
He's 3.5. He's never been in the Lotus while running. He loves a nice long pull in the M3 and going fast around corners. I'm working on my wife to let me take him in the Exige next year. How old was yours when he started riding in your Lotus?
Hypothetically I would follow all rules and regulations at the state and federal level. But in a cool world I would have started taking him for drives at almost 6 years old. He will be six in February. The seatbelts would hypothetically fit him now :).

I would love a M3, but BMW Lost me as a customer forever with my 335I and all its issues.

·
Registered
2006 Exige SC K24A
351 Posts
You can find car seats that will fit in the Lotus, and airbag on/off switch for good measure. Once they’re forward facing, they’re good to go! Once mom approves that is…
This is what I was/am thinking.

Hypothetically I would follow all rules and regulations at the state and federal level. But in a cool world I would have started taking him for drives at almost 6 years old. He will be six in February. The seatbelts would hypothetically fit him now :).
I would love a M3, but BMW Lost me as a customer forever with my 335I and all its issues.
Slight derail of a somewhat sleepy thread, the E92 M3 has been solid, as in I would sell it to a friend (and plan to in the spring and there are a few who want it after seeing my 8yr ownership experience). Your typical 335i experience is the reason I don't have an X5.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
1,205 Posts
You can find car seats that will fit in the Lotus, and airbag on/off switch for good measure. Once they’re forward facing, they’re good to go! Once mom approves that is…
The airbag switch seemed like a big hassle, especially since legally he will be allowed to ride in it soon. But I did go down that route but didnt end up doing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts