The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the threads have been slowly popping up. People putting their Lotus away for the winter. Sad to see, but yet so many people have parts for upgrades! I'm pretty much in the yearly pms at this point in time. Brake and clutch fluid flush, tranny fluid exchange, oil and filter, and check bolts for tightness. Also awaiting delivery of some R888s for all the way around. So what is your upgrade/pm list for the winter? I've heard of some awesome upgrades that people have planned. Let's hear about them!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mines just getting the car up to snuff on the basic fixes. I already took front end in, get to see it tomorrow and see my raccoon damage fixed. Probably going to replace the radiator, check the oil u-tube and just straight pipe it instead of that crazy non-sense.. Replace my oil fittings, and hopefully get it all back and tidy for spring! I'm quite jealous of some of these 400hp superchargers people are doing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fluids, fresh Federal rsr tires, S111 racesills, APR wing, fresh heims for the tie rods.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I have some powerflex engine mount inserts waiting to be installed, but temperatures in my garage dropped to around freezing level.
It is not much fun to work on your car when your fingers are numb :(
I guess I'll have to wait till spring...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have to get around to installing the CF door panels that I got a few months ago. Also check bolts for tightness (is there a guide for this somewhere?)

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Installations:

1.) Install Full APR CF Aero kit. So far I have the Canards, Race Sills, and NEW style GTC-200 wing. Just waiting on a reply back from APR as to ordering the front splitter.

2.) Install Bandit Masking to rear clam

Purchases:

1.) Buy Full Mohawk Roof

2.) Buy Full CF Dash

Then beg my bank account for forgiveness. Lol

:wave:

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
I have to get around to installing the CF door panels that I got a few months ago. Also check bolts for tightness (is there a guide for this somewhere?)

Great mod, Only takes about a Half Hour and really changes the look of the interior... Hardest part or I should say the frustrating part was getting Velcro strong enough to keep the bottom portion along the side sill in place.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My radiator sprung a leak a few weeks ago. While the clam's off for replacement I am taking the time to fix all the fiberglass the po f***ked up. It had been backed in to and a good chunk of the bottom had been ground off getting in and out of their very steep driveway. Tedious work, but it'll look much better when I'm done. Oh, and it's getting a second oil cooler added for autox reasons. Then it's back to driving because I am sensible enough to live in a place where it just about never snows. :D

·
Registered
945 Posts
Bought all the parts to take the car from the DD it was when I bought it to a dependable car for lapping days:

Toyo R1Rs
S111 DSBrace
Moroso oil pan
LiFePO4 lightweight battery + some sheet metal from the hardware store to fabricate a bracket with

Plus:

LEDs for the headlight accent lights (need to take apart headlights anyway to debug an HID flicker issue)
New interior light

I'm also going to buy a BOE Silent Touch and a diffuser hole eliminator soon, and then I'm done... for now :up:

Also teased out the enormous sound system that was in the car when I got it - if anyone wants a Pioneer 12" shallow-mount sub in a custom-fabricated filled box that mounts in the recess behind the seats (where the stock cargo net is) let me know. I don't know of a mounting solution that doesn't involve some kind of drilling but the result was very pretty, factory looking and sounded good. Just not for me.

I bought some S111 DBWPedals after having trouble heel-toeing on my first track day in the Elise, but I changed my technique a bit from what I'm used to and it got a lot easier so I might not be putting them on after all.

Sadly it's been in the negatives for the past week here and my garage is too cold to put the new toys on :(

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hmmmm...

Get her up on jackstands and go through the car. Fluids and such...

Then:

1. Get 10" wide wheels and cut clams for 275s on all corners... find/install fender flares.
2. Cut hole in the rear clam so the heat exchanger can breath. Install nice grill.
3. Install different springs
4. Eliminate cat and exchange BOE ST-5 for BOE ST exhaust
5. Reweigh and eliminate ballast as needed.
6. If Fastworks for 08 ever gets finished, install and tune car.

That should take me through the 2014 season.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have a detached garage :( AKA, too cold to do anything this winter. Sad day :(

On a side note... I wasn't paying attention to weather and the roads are far too undrivable for my Lotus... Unfortunately I haven't gotten any fuel stabilizer in it yet... I've never stored a car for the winter before. Is this a big deal? Because if I just put the stabilizer straight in, it wouldn't get into the fuel lines, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a detached garage :( AKA, too cold to do anything this winter. Sad day :(

On a side note... I wasn't paying attention to weather and the roads are far too undrivable for my Lotus... Unfortunately I haven't gotten any fuel stabilizer in it yet... I've never stored a car for the winter before. Is this a big deal? Because if I just put the stabilizer straight in, it wouldn't get into the fuel lines, etc.
I would add fuel stabilizer and run the car until warm.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have a few goodies going onto the car.

Flat diffuser
aero plates
HIDs
clam hinge
chin spoiler
lower/alignment/corner weight

I still don't know what I'm going to do with my exhaust. It's a Janspeed Stage II. I might cut it up so it exits over the diffuser. I WANT IMRP racesills something fierce.

I should probably buy an all aluminum radiator, but if I do that I'll also get stainless steel brake lines as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.