The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a (possibly) interesting question.
I was driving along some back roads the other day when I start to hear something sliding back and forth in the front of the car. When I get home, I check for loose things in the cabin, probably the most obvious answer. No luck. I then do a quick walkaround of the outside of the car, looking for anything out of place.
Lo and behold, there's something sticking out from behind the front suspension on the passenger side! It's a spring, probably about 1/2 to 3/4 inches in diameter. It doesn't feel to be a very strong spring, and moves freely back into whatever hole it came from.
Now, I'll fully admit I'm a clueless newbie. I've read through the uberthread, paged through the parts list, searched on numerous forums and Googled in general (as much as possible when I have no clue what I'm looking for). The car doesn't seem to handle any differently than before I knew there was a random spring floating around in it, but it still bugs me. I just want to know what it is, and if/how I can fix it.
Here's a crappy cellphone/flashlight pic. (No, it's not level to the floor, but it was the most clear one I could get with the equipment on hand. I've still got the original file, and can make a larger copy if anyone requests.)
spring1.jpg picture by lint11 - Photobucket
Any ideas?
Thanks!
lint.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but isnt that the line from the heater/ac box witch is a condensate drain line? I just remember it wraping through the frame dumping out the side. :/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I dragged out the photo floodlights this morning and got a much better look; the end looks like it may have broken off from something, which explains why it was sliding back and forth. At least now I know what to search for!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts