The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Registration for our March 29th Practice date, is opening Friday (Feb 27) at Motorsportreg website. Sign up at:

MotorsportReg.com : Event Details

It will be club members only for the first week. Non-members after that. Same format as we ran last year- mid 60's max on the driver count and 10 or more runs for the day.

Silicon Valley Auto Group (Lotus of Los Gatos) is back as our sponsor. They will be providing their usual bag of goodies over the course of the season.

April 26, will be more of a pure clinic. Great if you or family and friends are new to autocross. Also for those of us that want to work off some rust or get some coaching. Driver count will max out in the mid 30 range.

May 16, June 27, July 18, Aug. 30, Sept. 19 and Oct 17, will be points events for club members. Same classes and format as last year. Will score the best 4 of 6 events.

This season, we've got official number decals. If you're interested in picking up a set, please visit Chuforia Graffix:

CHUFORIA GRAFFIX

(try and make sure they match what you logged on for at motorsportreg)

A Few Details:
Make sure your profile is up to date on motorsportreg. The club will be picking up a software package to handle the bulk of the scoring duties. In particular will need to have your car details correct.

Assistance- putting on a autocross, is very much a volunteer effort. There are a couple of areas, that we'd like a pool of helpers to cover. Two or three to get the equipment set up. Four or five to help set up the course. You will need to be on site 7:15- 7:30, to get started.

Thanks and see you at the autocross,

Larry and Alex
Event Chairs

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Hey Larry, sounds great! Will sign up after I'm back from vacation. Let me know if you need anything other than listed. I've always prefered to stick around after to clean up, rather than set up, but let me know if you want me to flip that

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are sold out, with a couple on the waitlist (only took a week). A reminder that club members go to the top, then Lotus owners. Normally with drop outs, waitlist club member, do make it off the list.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In case I forget... remind me. I'll let club members have a shot at doubling down on runs. In part by filling in for a no-show run/work assigments. Looks like it'll be great weather (for Marina).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tintin- the one to keep a eye out for is CountTracula. He started last season in the DOT-R class, but ended on street tires (we did the adjustment to score him in the DOT-R class). We made a error in the overall season scoring and he was the "unofficial" DOT-R Champ. Pretty sure he's running in the street class this year.

I'll go over how we'll handle the doubling up on runs during the drivers meeting. Getting in line early will not help. Bribes on the other hand.... :p

·
Registered
652 Posts
Tintin- the one to keep a eye out for is CountTracula. He started last season in the DOT-R class, but ended on street tires (we did the adjustment to score him in the DOT-R class). We made a error in the overall season scoring and he was the "unofficial" DOT-R Champ. Pretty sure he's running in the street class this year.

I'll go over how we'll handle the doubling up on runs during the drivers meeting. Getting in line early will not help. Bribes on the other hand.... :p
Street tires this season...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Big thanks to everyone who helped put this on (Larry, Alex, etc). I had a blast and it was a great opener. I got sun burned bad :eek:

I broke into 43.5s in the fun runs but most of my runs weren't as fast. I'll use the clinic to try to be more consistent :)

I'll be there early next time to help setup!!! As should others :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was a pretty good day, with fun runs we ended up with 14-15 for the day. Wanted to give a big thanks to Matt from the BMW club- with our wired timers acting up, using there wireless unit is what allowed us to crank the runs out.

The AxWare software is coming in handy. The times are up:

2009-03 GGLC Practice Results

Congrats to Shelly who pulled TOD- 41.556( I assume she was driving) . One glitch in the software- JayG was on R-comps and not street tires.

I'll try and get registration going for April by late this week. Also get the photos up (even shot a little video).

Will go over this in the mass email to the motorsportreg list. But will be making a sweeter offer for the setup crew. We only had 1 no-show spot we could have filled this weekend. We'll take care of those as I mention in the drivers meeting- for any club member interested.

However for the set up crew its going to be a little different then I had gone over. Will do a drawing only between them and who ever gets picked- will open a extra spot for them to run in.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Thanks to Larry and Alex for organizing another great event. Quick questions on the results

1) Whats the number in the second row of total for each driver? I assume the first number is their best time but I cant figure out what the second one is

2) Will the software also be putting out the PAX times as well?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks like it’s the delta time from the place above it. It also appears that if it’s small enough it can get thrown off down the line. (ie .004 seconds between 7th and 8th in the fun group).

When we get to the points events- yes PAX scoring, for the open class. The Elise and Exige, same as we did last year.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts